Chapter 66

I walked down the middle of the street with Josie, Hope, Lizzie, and Dr. Saltzman. "Some people find it helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle." Lizzie announced. "Not stopping you." I said. "Now is not the time." Josie stated. "It's always time for truth. Last chance, Stiles. If you didn't start the fire to keep us from going, then why were you so mean to me after? I'll tell you why, because you were guilty." Lizzie voiced. "People! Quiet back there, please." Alaric said. "Seriously. I wasn't mean to you. You were mean to me." I countered. "Because you were telling people about my episode." She argued. "Your what?" I asked confused. "My episode. The one I had when our trip got canceled. You told everyone that I was witch bipolar." She stated. "I would never do that." I shot back looking at her. "Guys, seriously, what is the point of even talking about this?" Josie said. "Yeah. Guys, stop." Hope added. "Just drop the act. I had my first...occurrence, my mom took me away to get help, and you decided to use it against me." Lizzie accused. "I didn't even know. I swear, I would never do that." I told her. She rolled her eyes. "Of course you wouldn't. I was told that I should never trust a fox. Because they're tricksters. Isn't that what you tell people? You tricked everyone into thinking that I was some sort of freak with a mental disease. Not to mention, you're a hellhound. It was kinda obvious. " Lizzie spat. "Lizzie!" Alaric called out. I tensed up at the mention of the Nogitsune and Hellhound. "Guys!" Josie called out. "What?" Lizzie shouted. "There's a mummy in Main Street." Josie answered. The others formed a line while I stood frozen staring where Lizzie once stood. "Okay, Dad, get behind us." I heard Josie tell him. "I can't do that." Alaric said. "Dad." Lizzie said. "I have to protect you, all of you." He argued. "No offense, Dr. Saltzman, but you and your crossbow are kind of manspread, in front of three powerful witches and a chimera." Hope told him. "Okay, good point." He said. "Okay, what can a mummy do to hurt us?" Josie asked. "I think we're about to find out." Hope said. "Hope." Josie told her. "Bulla." The girls said. I hadn't moved a muscle. My blood was boiling with anger. The Hellhound was royally pissed for being accused of something it hadn't done. "Should we rush it now?" Lizzie asked. "Not yet." Hope answered. "Now?" She asked again. "No." Hope answered. "I really, really think that we should rush it." Lizzie suggested. "On my count you will attack. Do you understand?" The Nogitsune asked. Understood. "LET ME KILL SOMETHING!" A hellish voice boomed within my mind. "You'll get your chance." The fox told it. "Wait! On three. One...Two..." Hope counted before she started to gag. "What's happening?" Lizzie asked. "Oh my God. Oh my God." Lizzie said before she began to gag as well. And soon were Josie and Dr. Saltzman. "Now." The fox said.

H   O   P   E

I ceased vomiting bugs and looked over at my brother. He had become enveloped completely in flames. His eyes were glowing a mixture of orange and violet. The whites of his eyes were replaced by pitch black. Nine smoking flaming fox tails formed behind him as the aura of the Kasai engulfed him. Black claws grew out from the tips of his fingernails and many fangs lined the inside of his mouth. He took a step towards the mummy leaving a trail of fire behind him. "Stiles?" Josie whispered. "That's not Stiles anymore. That's them." Alaric stated. "Them? Who's them?" Lizzie asked. "The demons inside. The demon foxes and the hellhound." I answered. Josie got to her feet to stop him but was blocked by a figure that materialized out of the shadows. It was wearing black samurai armor and a demon mask with piercing glowing yellow-green eyes. Smoke emanated off of it before unsheathing a ninjato and blocked her path. "Oni." Alaric whispered. "What?" I asked. "Japanese demons that serve under the command of the Nogitsune. They are nearly impossible to kill." Alaric explained. Nik's clothes fell to the ground in ashes before he stopped short of the mummy and let out a thunderous throaty roar. The mummy returned a roar before Nik broke into a run. His body shifted into a much larger and more muscular creature, the Hellhound. Nik tackled the mummy to the ground. Four of the flaming tails swished behind him grabbing ahold of the mummy's limbs. A fifth tail grabbed the urn from the mummy and held it high in the sky. The mummy broke free of my brother's iron monstrous grip and threw him away. It aimed its next attack at me, Jo, Lizzie, and Dr. Saltzman. Nik grabbed the mummy's arm and threw the creature into a building nearby. He looked pointedly at us as he huffed with a low deep growl and tossed the urn to Alaric. He ran off into the hole in the wall and grabbed the mummy with one giant clawed hand and roared. The mummy soared through the air tumvling across the ground as Nik jumped from out of the building and landed in the middle of the road between us and the mummy. All nine tails formed a flaming ball as the mummy got to its feet. The nine flaming balls morphed into one giant ball and was flung towards the mummy. It screeched as it was incinerated. My eyes went wide as I got to my feet unsteadily. I looked at the pile of ashes on the ground before looking up at the flaming hulking figure that was my brother. "Worst spring break ever." Lizzie called out. The Chimera looked over its shoulder at us. He huffed angrily with a snort. Black smoke exited his nostrils and mouth. "Nik?" I called out. The monster turned and looked at me before letting loose a roar. "Listen to me. That little fox is messing with your mind. You're stronger than it. You're smarter than it. You're Stiles Mikaelson!" I stated. The Chimera let out a roar slamming both fists into the street creating a crater in the middle of the road. "Right, don't mention puny Stiles." I breathed. This is gonna be interesting.