Chapter 50

I opened my eyes and immediately spotted the logo of Mystic Falls High School on the side of a brick wall. I was in a car with Dad and Josie. "Now, remember, if anybody starts messing with you, just play it cool." Dad said in the driver's seat. "Don't worry, Dad. We know. No magic allowed. Blah, blah, blah." Josie answered. "Public school. Makes sense." I said to myself. Dad and Josie looked at me. "All right, well, I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you expose your powers..." Dad started. "You risk becoming a target." Josie answered. "All right, girls, we'll see you in class." Dad said with a smile. "Wait. Why am I in the back seat?" I asked. Josie rolled her eyes before getting out the car. I followed suit and trailed behind Josie as she entered the school. What the hell is she wearing? We walked into the gym and I saw people setting up for something. "So, do we like it here?" I asked Josie. "Where?" Josie asked me. "This school." I answered. Josie let out a sigh dropping her head before turning to me. "Lizzie, do me a favor and try to keep it together today, okay? It's important." Josie instructed. "Okay." I said quietly. "Homecoming queen! Big night." Connor called out. "Thanks." Josie and I said in unison. Josie turned to me confused while Connor walked over. "That wasn't an invitation, Connor." I told him before watching him kiss Josie on the lips. "And that is inappropriate." I added. "Your sister's being weird again." Connor said to Josie. "Cut her some slack. It's hard being the only one on Homecoming without a date." Josie answered him. "Wait. I don't have a date?" I asked her. "I can't wait to see what you have planned for tonight." Connor told Josie. "I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it." Josie answered him before kissing him again. They pulled away. "Ooh." Connor whispered. Gross. Josie turned to me with a wide smile on her face. "I am so confused. You're into Connor?" I asked her. "Lizzie, we talked about this. He's QB1. I'm head cheer. It just makes sense." Josie answered slightly annoyed. "Here's your skinny vanilla latte." A girl called out. I turned around to see a surprise face. Stefanie Salvatore?

 Stefanie Salvatore?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Not now, Stefanie. My sister is obviously on drugs, and I despise vanilla latte." I told her as she walked up to us and handed the drink to Josie. "Thanks, Stef. Somebody's clearly having one of her off days." Josie said to Stefanie. "Lizzie-Bear, relax. There's only so much a doctor can raise your dosage before my mom's pharmacy will plumb run out of pills." Stefanie teased. "Come on." Stefanie told Josie pulling her away as they chuckled.

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And the truth is, those 27 civilians, they weren't...casualties of, uh...uh...Does anyone remember the name of the battle? Anyone? Anyone?" Dad lectured turning to the class. "Is it just me, or is Dad a little day-drunk?" I asked Josie in a whisper. "When isn't he?" She countered. Dad cleared his throat. "Josie?" He asked her. "The Battle of Willow Creek." She answered. Dad pointed a finger at her. "Exactly. All those 27 civilians, they were just rounded up by their friends and neighbors, hmm, all because they were different." Dad explained leaning against his desk before looking down at his watch. "Why is he still wearing his watch?" Josie asked me. "Why wouldn't he be?" I questioned. 

"How could you forget?" Josie questioned as we walked down the hall. "I'm sure I didn't forget. Just remind me?" I stated. "Homecoming Dance is tonight." She said opening a locker. "I know. How do I not have a date?" I asked her. "This isn't about you, Lizzie." Josie exclaimed angry. "Yeah, I'm totally getting that." I whispered. "What I need you to do is just get Dad's watch, like you promised. Stefanie Salvatore's dad gave him the watch. It's a magical object that I can siphon so I can take things to the next level with Connor." Josie explained. "And by, um, "take things to the next level," you mean..." I started. "I'm gonna show him I'm a witch." She interrupted. "Oh, thank God. I mean, don't get me wrong, that is a terrible idea, but for a second, I thought..." I started again. "Then I'm gonna have sex with him." She interrupted again closing the locker. "Yeah...That was it." I pointed out. "You promised you wouldn't let me down. Actually do it for a change." Josie guilted as she left.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔗𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔰जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें