Chapter 20

I stood in my room, staring at the picture of my family hanging on the wall. "You know it would be a lot easier if you guys were still here." I said looking at the picture. "There's a lot of things...that I wish you were here to help me through, dad. I've tried controlling the fox...but all it does is get it angry and shuts down my magic." I said. "The Hellhound and Kasai are becoming just as powerful as the Nogitsune. To the point that they'll take over completely....I don't know what to do. I don't know how long I can keep them at bay before I explode." I said dropping my head. I looked back up at the photo. I sighed. "I'll just work through it." I breathed before leaving the room. 

I walked into the gym to relieve myself of the building stress. Jed and the rest of the pack were already inside using most of the equipment. "All right, I got a medieval history paper due at 2:00. Who's on that?" Jed asked looking around at the wolves. I walked over to a punching bag and watched the silent wolves. "I'll do it." I looked over my shoulder to see Rafael. "This should be good." I muttered to myself. ""But I need a favor." Rafael said walking towards Jed. "You've been in the pack for five minutes, and you want a favor from your alpha?" Jed asked him. "You're obviously gonna be elected to the honor council. If it comes down to it, will you do what you can to keep Landon in?" Rafael asked him. "That's a great idea, foster kid." Jed said. I squinted my eyes suspicious. "I'll bring that up at the first meeting. So I can make sure your boy gets the boot." Jed said. There it is. "Why? I joined the pack." Rafael asked. "Yo, I'm following all the stupid rules that..." Rafael started getting angry. "Well, consider that punishment...for not respecting my authority when you got here. The rule is this: What the alpha says goes. And I say Landon goes." Jed said. I looked between the two wolves. "Is there a problem?" I announced. Jed looked over at me. "It's none of your concern, Orphan. So stay out of it." Jed said. I scoffed with a smile. I walked over to him. I shoved a finger in his chest. "Excuse me?" I asked flashing fiery orange eyes. "I said, "It's none of your concern, Orphan. So stay out of it."" He said getting in my face. We glared at each other in silence. "I'd choose your next words carefully, Wolf." I spat. "Why? You gonna cast a spell on me?" He asked with a scoff. "No...I was thinking a little more along the lines of slaughter. Something my family is famous for." I said as veins shot up towards my Chimeran purple eyes. I bared multiple fangs in a show of warning. "You don't wanna get on my bad side, Jed. You think you have a bad side? Mine is 1000 times worse and more uncontrollable. So I suggest you walk away before things get ugly." I stated. He backed away and walked away. "Thanks." Rafael said. "Don't." I told him walking away. "Don't what?" He asked. "Act like we're friends. News flash, we're not. Not even close." I said before speeding out of the gym. 

J O S I E

I stood in my room as Lizzie practiced her speech for when she won. "Hey, Lizzie, before you go too far down the road of victory speeches, I talked to Serena and her goth coven. She said that they would vote for you, but they just wanted to make sure that they would allow time off for pagan holidays." I told her as Lizzie took a seat on her desk. Lizzie stood up and looked past me. I turned around to see Rafael. "Hey, Raf." I said with a smile. "Hey, Jo." He said with a smile. "Welcome to the winner's circle." Lizzie said. "How's it going with Jackass Jed?" I asked him. "I mean, do you need any more advice on how to deal with Cro-Magnon alphas?" I added. "That's actually why I'm here." Rafael said walking passed me and looking at Lizzie. "Lizzie." He said. "Hey." She said. "You got a sec?" He asked. "I have a lot of secs." She answered. "I mean...time." Lizzie restated. "The honor council might get to decide if Landon can stay. Emma won't say how she's gonna vote, but I talked to MG, and he's the only vampire running, and he's on board. And everybody knows that you're gonna get the witch vote, I..." Rafael explained as I watched on. "Say no more. I know how much Landon means to you, and I would be happy to help." Lizzie said. "I mean, all right. Thank you. Seriously." Rafael replied. I went over to the book shelf putting books back where they belong. "Oh, if-if you would, um, be happy to...be my date to my birthday on Friday?" She asked him. I dropped the books to the floor and used the clipboard to hide my shame. "Are you blackmailing me?" Rafael asked. "No, silly. I'm black-tie'ing you. It's totally different." Lizzie explained as I stood up. Rafael glanced at me and looked back at Lizzie. "Sure. Whatever." Rafael said leaving the room. I looked down at the floor as he left. Lizzie looked excited and pulled me into a hug. 

S T I L E S

I stood outside and took in a deep breath. "Just breath, Stiles.  Breath." I told myself closing my eyes. "Something wrong?" A voice asked. I turned around to see Hope. "Uh...No. Everything's...fine. Why would you think something was wrong? There's nothing wrong." I said rambling. "Alright. Spill." She said crossing her arms staring at me. I dropped my head with a sigh. "Alright, fine. I kinda got into an argument with Jed." I said scratching the back of my head as I kicked the ground. "You what?!" She exclaimed. "Wait wait wait. Now don't get upset...because...nobody got hurt. Except for maybe Jed's dignity and his oversized ego." I said waving my hands in the air. Hope sighed. "Dr. S warned you about what would happen if you got aggressive, Nik." She said. "I know. I know...but it's Jed." I said. "Dad would not want you starting fights like he used to, Stiles." I dropped my head. "I know." I said sadly. I heard thrashing and impacts nearby. Along with growls. "Jed." I said speeding away towards the gym. I found Rafael and Jed at each other's throats fighting one another. "Hey!" I shouted. "I said, HEY!!" I screamed my voice booming. Everyone looked at me before Rafael knocked Jed out. "You wanna explain to me what the hell is going?!" I demanded. "I dealt with a problem." Rafael said walking passed me. "The polls are now open." He said. I put a hand to his chest stopping him. "Get your hand off me, Mikaelson. You said it yourself, "We're not friends", remember?" Rafael said with glowing yellow werewolf eyes. He pushed passed me and left the gym. I looked at the rest of the wolves, they were all staring at me. "Scram." I told them. They remained where they stood. I let out a thunderous roar of rage getting pissed. The wolves scrambled out the gym. I stood alone in the gym. I looked at the unconscious Jed before I left the gym.