Chapter 76

S   T   I   L   E   S

T   E   N      H   O   U   R   S      L   A   T   E   R

I ran through the woods with the Beast close behind me. My clothes were torn and scorched as flames trailed behind me. I hadn't stopped running since I left Mystic Falls. Code Red! My eyes shone fiery orange before I shifted into the Hellhound on the fly. I dropped to all fours before running faster. The Beast bellowed behind me as it finally spotted its mortal enemy after so many years. I was hit from behind before tumbling along the ground. I came to a sudden stop  after crashing through a tree. The Beast pounced atop of me before screeching in my ears. I roared back at it slamming a hand into its jaw. It reeled back before I kicked it away. I got to my feet before running again shortly before reaching a deserted state road with trees loning both sides of the road. I stopped for a second before sniffing the air. Searching for a faint familiar scent. It reached my nostrils as my head snapped to the left. I sped off into the woods towards the scent with the Beast close behind. I ran passed a wooden sign that read "Beacon Hills Preserve".

The faint scent grew stronger as I found myself in an nearly empty intersection in the road, albeit a blue Jeep sitting at a red light

The faint scent grew stronger as I found myself in an nearly empty intersection in the road, albeit a blue Jeep sitting at a red light. A few moments later, I was smacked to the side by the Beast again. Damn it's fast. We rolled along the road before hitting the blue vehicle. I pushed him off me before lunging at him on the ground and pinned it to the street and slammed both fists into its face. I grabbed its throat, picking it up and threw it back into the woods. I looked at the Jeep before sniffing the air once more. I caught the scent before jumping over the Jeep towards the scent again.

U   N   K   N   O   W   N

I was sitting at a red light when my ears picked up on something before my sense of smell caught a burning stench and smoke. "You smell that too right?" The man in the passenger seat asked. "Yeah." I said before a giant red monster completely covered in flames appeared in the middle of the intersection. "What the hell?!" We exclaimed as a similarly giant black monster covered in smoke and glowing blue eyes tackled it to the ground. The two juggernauts fought each other before the one on fire got the upper hand and tossed the other creature into the woods, and it looked at the Jeep before jumped over and headed into town. A couple minutes, the same black monster shot out the woods after the flaming beast. "What the hell was that?" I asked. "Lydia said something was coming." The man stated. We got out the Jeep and looked down the street watching the flaming monster speeding away. I looked at the front of the vehicle seeing the left headlight on the ground and the left side of the bumper bent inward. I looked over at my friend to see him staring in the direction of the flaming monster. "Derek? You good?" I asked him. "Scott...I-I think I knew that monster." He said. "What?" I asked looking down the road. "But there's only one person that could've..." He started before furrowing his brows looking down. His snapped up with wide eyes. "Stiles?" He whispered. "Who's Stiles?" I asked. "My ex." He answered. My eyes went wide before slowly looking back at the road. Oh boy.

 Oh boy