Chapter 48

I entered my room and looked into my mirror. Good to know that Pretty Boy is okay. "I can't believe I just thought that." I said to myself wide-eyed. "Breathe. Just breathe." I said taking in a breath. If it wasn't for Hope, he would have never got hurt. Her and her stupid human boyfriend. Wait, Stiles is also the problem. Dad gives them more attention than he gives his own two daughters. "I wish Hope and Stiles had never come to this school." I muttered. A blue figure popped into the room behind me. I spun around with a scream as I stared at her with wide-eyes. "Where did you come from?" I asked it. "Mm. First things first. I'm..." She stated. "Blue. Y-You're so blue." I interrupted. "My name is Ablah." She said. "And you're obviously a monster." I told her. "Would a monster grant your wish?" She asked. "Holy crap. You're a freaking genie." I said with a smile. "Hmm. Jinni. And your wish is my command." She said before snapping her fingers.

I woke up to the sound of a rapping at the door. "Elizabeth." I heard Dad say from beyond the door. "Rise and shine. What, you taking the day off, Lizzie B?" Dad asked walking in. "Dad, what time is it? I had the weirdest dre..." I said turning over to look at Dad. "What happened to your face?" I asked looking at his beard. "Quit stalling. It's time...for fight training." He told me. "Pass. I'm not really in the mood to watch Hope and Stiles be ninjas today, Dad." I answered. He let out a brief laugh. "Who?" He asked confused. "Nevermind." I said. "All right. Well, come on. Josie's down at the dock." He said before punching and kicking the air. "Come on, let's go. Get out of bed." He said leaving the room as I smiled at the wish come true.

"I'm so good at this. How am I so good at this?" I asked as Josie and I fought our Dad. "Quit bragging. You're losing." Dad told me. "Lizzie, go high." Josie said. I swung my staff at Dad's face and he ducked. Josie swept his feet from under him and he fell to the ground. "I'm really proud of you guys." He told us. "Help your old man up." He said. We helped him up to his feet. "Oh, yeah. Our years of training have really paid off." Dad said. "So, there's, like, no one else you'd rather be training with?" I asked him. "Well, who else would there be?" Dad asked with a chuckle. "Now go get dressed. You're giving a tour in ten minute, and I really need you to sell the new recruit on our place. He's not sure he wants to go here." Dad stated. "Who wouldn't want to go here?" I asked. "Exactly. We'll reel him in, Dad. Don't worry." Josie said. "What would I do without you guys?" Dad asked us.

"Welcome to the Salvatore School. We're your tour guides." I said. "I'm Josie." Josie added. "I'm Lizzie. Sisters." I stated. "Twins." Josie chimed in. "Fraternal, obvs. Come on. We'll show you around." I told Jed. "Everybody gets along with everybody here. For the most part." Josie told him. We entered the school. "The wolves are pretty cliquey. They most likely to hang out with their...Oh." I said looking at the state of the place. There were cobwebs...everywhere. "This place is a turd stain." Jed voiced. "Oh." I whispered. "The maintenance staff must be holiday or something. Umm....Why don't we introduce you to your pack?" I said with a smile. "Okay." Jed said. "Where's the pack?" I asked Josie. Josie laughed gesturing to someone. "Hey, Jed. I'm Luis." Luis said walking over to us. My eyes went wide in embarrassment. "Your alpha." Luis added extending a hand out. YIKES! 

"Do you think he'll stay?" Josie asked looking at Jed while we ate soupy cereal out of a bowl. "It's so hard to get anyone to stay." Josie added. "Well, if these are the breakfast offerings, it's no wonder. Where are the pastries? The Belgian waffles? The smoothie station?" I asked her setting down the bowl of soggy cereal. "Right. I'll tell Dad to add that to the budget after he pays the gas bill." Josie said with a smile. "Wait." I said with a chuckle. "Are we...poor?" I asked her. "Lizzie, you know how expensive it is to run this place, how hard it is to get benefactors. I mean, Damon Salvatore has been as generous as he can be, but he and Elena have kids of their own that they need to take care of. I'm gonna make sure that Dad eats. He works so hard." Josie explained before getting up and walking away. "Oh, crap." I whispered letting out a breath. "Genie? Genie. Genie? Genie." I said. "Yeah?" The blue-skinned being asked appearing to the left of me on the couch. "This place sucks." I told her. She nodded her head. "Hope and Stiles' dad wrote my mom a big check to fund the school when it opened, so no Hope, no funding, no fun. Fix it." I told her. "Oh, is that to be your next wish?" She asked me. "Yes, that will be my--Wait. I know how this goes. I waste my first wish by not being specific enough. I waste my second one trying to clean up my first, only to make things worse, and then my third gets wasted by wishing that I never had any wishes in the first place. I won't fall for it, Genie." I told her. She cleared her throat. "It's Jinni." She said. "That's what I said. I'll beat you at your own game. Make the best of this rat trap. Send me back in." I said before she snapped her fingers. 

I opened my eyes and looked around. "I know, Caroline. I am sorry I sent you on a fool's errand to Idaho, but this is an inexact science and we only have so much to go on. We'll find new recruits, I promise." Dad said on the phone with Mom. "This is how we find new recruits?" I asked Josie who was in the middle of cutting an article out of a newspaper. "Why are you acting so weird today?" She asked me. "Well, no wonder our school is lame. But fear not, family. I know how to help.

"Where did you get that?" Josie asked me as I uncovered a giant globe. "In the archive room." I answered. "We don't have an archive room." Dad pointed out. "Well, now it's more of just like a storage closet, but no matter. This is the solution to all of our recruiting problems. It's like a locator spell, only it's interactive. The instant a new, young, supernatural being is awakened to their powers, this bad boy lights up." I explained. "That's incredible. H-How did you know how to do this?" Dad asked me. "An annoying, know-it-all witch I knew in another life created it, so I just copied his spell. Go ahead. Give it a spin." I stated. Dad spun the globe and it glowed brightly. The globe was filled with lights. "There's so many of them." Dad said. "All waiting for us to rescue them, Daddy." I voiced. "Oh, well, there..." Dad said pointing at a light. "The bigger the glow, the more powerful the being." I explained. "Well, then we need to bring this one in immediately." Dad said. "Yeah, it's huge. Where is that?" Josie chimed in. "New Orleans." Dad answered.