Chapter 1

Family...Always and Forever. That was our family motto for the longest time and it still is for the few of us that are left. Apparently, forever...has a limit for immortal beings. My name is Stiles Mikaelson and I have a twin sister named Hope. You didn't hear this from me...but I'm older than her by 3 seconds...just saying. Don't ask me how I would know that...I just do. After all...I am a supernatural being. Yeah. The supernatural exist. My sister is the only creature of her kind. A Tribrid. She's part-vampire, part-werewolf, and part-witch. As for me...well...I'm a little bit different. I'm part-vampire, part-werewolf, part-witch, part-hellhound, AND...I know right? There's more?! Last but not least...I'm something called a kitsune-hybrid. I'm half-fire kitsune[Kasai] and half-void kitsune[Nogitsune]. A kitsune is a fox spirit of Japanese myth. The Nogitsune is the most evil and conniving of them all. So...if you must know...I'm a bit troublesome to handle. Hope is the only person that can...control me? I guess. Maybe. I don't know. The Nogitsune is the demonic fox spirit. It's a trickster spirit. I like to think I get it from my Uncle Kol. But something tells me that Kol isn't an Original Vampire/Nogitsune hybrid. Maybe he is. I don't know. All of THAT is mixed into a 17 year old teenager. You're probably asking what the hell that makes me? You're guess is as good as mine because I have no idea. Well...I guess...I could say that I'm a Chimera, right? I mean, a Chimera is a bunch of things mixed into one. That sounds like me. It is me....so...I guess I'm a Chimera now. My sister and I go to a school for people like us. Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted. Named after a dead vampire named Stefan Salvatore and meant for kids that are 'gifted' or really...born weird and unusually powerful. I don't find it weird that I can create ball of fire in my hands or turn into a wolf whenever I want to or that I can do magic. You might. But I don't because that's my normal. That's the entire student body of this school's normal. 

I sat in the back seat of our headmasters SUV while Hope sat in the front passenger seat next to him. "Is there a reason why were doing this?" I asked. "There's a supernatural." Alaric said. "Yeah I know but WHY are we doing it?" I asked. "Because Nik that's what we do." Hope said. I rolled my eyes. "Did we have to do it today though? I mean it's not like he or she won't be here tomorrow, right?" I asked leaning forward between the seats. "We don't know that. They could be in trouble." Alaric said. "My lack of sleep is in trouble." I said. "I thought you just took a nap on the way here?" Hope asked looking at me. "I did. But you of all people should know that I need 10 hours of sleep to work properly." I said. Hope shook her head and scoffed with a smile. "Well sorry if someone's dangerous situation messed up your sleeping routine." Hope said sarcastically. "Hey! You can't do sarcasm. That's my bit. You do the whole...sad and lone wolf-not-so-lone wolf thing you got going on." I said waving my fingers in front of her. "Lone wolf-not-so-lone wolf thing?" Hope asked raising an eyebrow looking back at me with a smile. "You know what I meant." I said. "You look just like Eli right now." Hope said. "I do not. I look nothing like Elijah." I said looking into the rear view mirror at my reflection. "Yes you do! Your whole demeanor and squinting of the eyes." Hope said. "I do not squint my eyes!" I said. "You just did." Hope said laughing. I rolled my eyes. "Stiles sit back. Some of us don't have the ability to come back from the dead if we wanted to." Alaric said looking at me. "You know...you could let one of us drive." I said. That warranted a laugh from Alaric. "HA! Like that would ever happen." Alaric said. "What? Don't trust us?" I asked. "It's not that I don't trust you...it's just I don't think either of you can drive." Alaric said. "Ouch!" I said sarcastically. "At least I don't have any grey hairs." I said. Hope gasped and laughed silently. "Excuse me?! I do not have any grey hairs! What are you talking about?" Alaric asked self-consciously rubbing his head. "Oh yeah. There's some right there and here." I said poking his head in different places while smiling. "Hilarious. Sit back before I lock you up when we get back." Alaric said as I laughed.