Chapter 52

S   T   I   L   E   S

N   I   G   H   T

I don't even remember falling asleep

I don't even remember falling asleep...but the things is...I don't remember getting a good night's sleep since the whole dream demon fiasco. It was nice to just sleep normally again. Until a loud alarm scared the bloody hell out of me and I woke up. I found myself waking up on the floor of my room with a piece of paper stuck to the side of my face. I pulled it off and looked around for the alarm clock. I found the clock on the nightstand. I unsteadily got to my feet but my feet were tangled up in a blanket and fell forward onto the floor. I groaned. "Ow." I strained. I ripped the blanket off me going to the clock. "Wait...I don't have an alarm." I said dropping the clock to the nightstand looking around as the blaring continued. I trudged out of the room and headed down the hall. I ran into Hope. "Nice hair." She quipped. "Ha. Ha." I said sarcastically as we walked to the front of the school. Alaric and Dorian met up with us. Alaric had a crossbow. "Sounds like the trap worked." Hope stated. "That's the bloody trap doing this?!" I asked her. "I had to have something that could wake your ass up." She said. I stared at her with a glare. "Good point." I said with a sigh looking at the two men. I was given a sword and so was Hope. "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?" I asked Dorian. "Use it." He said. "Okay." I said not putting up a fight because I wanted to get on with it so I could go back to bed. 

W   O   O   D   S

I know this is important, but you couldn't have put pants on first?" Hope asked Dr. Saltzman. "Little early for snark, Hope." Dr. Saltzman answered. "Any guesses on what famous monster from filmland we get to slay today?" Dorian asked. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Hydra or Cerberus, the three-headed dog." I said walking next to Hope. "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu." Alaric added on. I spotted a white horse near the barrier. "False alarm. It's just a horse." Dorian pointed out. "Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell." Alaric stated. "Except...we don't have a white horse." Hope pointed out. The horse lifted its head. "That would be because it's a Unicorn." I said. The Unicorn turned around and walked to us. Alaric immediately aimed his crossbow at the white single-horned stallion. Hope jumped between the men and mystical horse. "Hey, wait, wait. Hold your fire." She told them. I covered my mouth trying to hold in my laughter. "It's a monster, Hope. It's here to take the artifact." Dorian answered. "And how exactly is going to do that...with hooved feet? Also...oh my god! It's a Unicorn! Someone save me! It's killing me...with rainbows and cotton candy!" I shouted jumping towards Alaric. Alaric dropped the crossbow to instinctively catch me. "Whatever are we going to do! It's going to kill everyone...with kindness...We're all going to die! Of cuteness!" I shouted throwing my head back as I mockingly fainted in Ric's arms. I looked at Alaric. "That about clear up how "dangerous" it is?" I asked raising a brow. "Yeah...you got your point across all right." Alaric answered dropping me to the ground unceremoniously. I let out a yelp of surprise as I fell to the ground. "You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn?" Hope asked them. "I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute." Dorian countered. I got to my feet and took the leaves out of my hair. "Can't we just...leave it alone? It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless." Hope demanded. Alaric and Dorian shared a look with each other. "I mean seriously...come on, Ric. It's a bloody unicorn. What's going to do to you?" I asked him. "They're right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn." Alaric explained. Hope turned to the steed. I walked over to it. "You're not gonna hurt us, are ya? No you're not." I said petting its snout. It was a gentle giant. I turned and looked at Hope. Her arms were crossed and she was wearing a smirk. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." She said. I squinted my eyes. "Shut up." I said. "I didn't say anything." She stated. "Yeah...well your face did." I said walking passed her. She let out a snicker that morphed into a loud laugh.