Chapter 73

M A R C E L

I entered Alaric's office where I found him at his desk leaning against it. "You got a moment?" I asked announcing my presence. "Marcel! Yeah, of course." He said turning around. I closed the door behind and walked over to the desk. "Hey thanks for your help back there." He told me. "Don't mention it." I stated. "So. What's up?" He asked taking a seat at the desk. "I made a stop in California after getting a call from Davina. Apparently...she discovered something ancient that foretold the creation of a phoenix." I explained. Alaric raised a brow. "Coincidence maybe?" He asked. "By a Hellhound." I finished. "Got it. Not a coincidence." He stated. "So...what's the problem? Stiles turned Landon into a phoenix." Alaric said. "That's not the problem. The problem is what happens afterwards." I countered digging into my jacket pocket and pulling out my phone. I pulled up a picture and placed the phone on the desk before sliding it towards him. "That is why I'm here." I said pointing at the picture. "What the hell is that thing?" He asked staring at the picture. "In French mythology, it's called La Bête du Gévaudan. Which translates to--" I explained. "The Beast of Gevaudan." Alaric finished. "Hope was telling me about something called Malivore and how it brings back monsters that have been forgotten. Making it seem like it never existed. That's why they're only known as legends and myths. Because we didn't know they actually existed." I explained. "You're suggesting that the Beast can be a monster of Malivore?" He questioned. "I'm not suggesting. I'm telling you. That's the story of the Beast. It ends with it being forgotten. Being erased from history. Probably had something to do with a certain creature throwing it into Malivore." I answered. "So what you're telling me is that this ancient prophecy revolves around Malivore releasing the Beast?" He asked raising a brow. "No. I'm telling you that it revolves around Stiles. And Malivore won't release it. According to this tablet...it already has. And something tells me...that it's pissed off at whoever or whatever sent it to Malivore. Want my guess? It's the very thing that turned Landon into a phoenix." I ranted. "The next monster isn't after the third key to Malivore...it's after Stiles." Alaric voiced. "If and when it does. You better hope to God that it doesn't kill him because if it does...it'll be the end of the god-damn world." I finished. "Son of a bitch!" Alaric exclaimed.

 "Son of a bitch!" Alaric exclaimed