Chapter 72

S   T   I   L   E   S

I sat in my dorm staring down at my hands. There was a knock on my door. I looked up to see Marcel. "Hey, Kiddo." He said with a smile walking in. "That was pretty impressive what you did back there." He said. "To be honest. I don't even know what I did." I stated. "That's actually why I'm here. I got a call from Davina telling me that she came across something about the Hellhound. An ancient book that prophesied that one day a Hellhound would create the first Phoenix. And that was you." Marcel explained. "So some magical book foretold the future?" I asked. "Wouldn't be the weirdest thing you've experienced." He pointed out. "Good point." I said with a nod of my head. He took a seat next to me on the bed. "It's been a while since I've seen you get that angry." He stated. I sighed. "Sorry." I said. "Don't be. It's fun to be getting to fights again. I know that's a weird thing to say. But I kinda miss going head-to-head with your dad and Elijah." Marcel explained with a chuckle. "Yeah? How did it feel going up against demon Hulk?" I asked him. "Terrifying." He answered with a laugh. "Hey...can I ask you a question?" I asked. "Shoot." He answered. "You remember that kid in the woods with the nasty bite? The one that killed Landon?" I questioned. "Sort of. Why?" He answered. "He's in a bit of a tough spot. He's struggling to control his thirst. And...his home life...isn't so...homely as much as it is toxic. His dad thought he was dad as opposed to him knowing he was a vampire. Didn't help that he was extremely religious. His mother made a deal with Alaric that would keep MG's vampirism a secret as long as he stayed at the school and never came home again." I explained. "I know I tried to kill him but I was thinking with my heart and emotions than with my head at the time. Also, I was protecting Hope. I don't know what I was protecting her from. Also...it's been an odd couple of days for me. I just fought a mummy as a nine-tailed hellhound-kitsune hybrid...monster...thing. We came home to find Raf, Lan, and MG all missing. It's...been--" I rambled. "Stressful. I know. I get the feeling. I've been there. Your family caused me a lot problems back in New Orleans that I had to always clean up. But I learned that sometimes...it helps having people there with you to lighten the load a bit and guide you." Marcel interjected with a smile as he rested his hand on my shoulder. "So...I was wondering...could you...maybe...help him?" I asked. "Let me ask you something first. Why do you want me to?" He stated. "Because...I know that if I was struggling to deal with being Ripper or controlling my demons or power or anything like that. I would want help. I might not ask for it. But I would want it." I explained. He smiled with a nod of his head. "You're a good kid, Nik." He voiced. "So you'll help him?" I asked. "I...will see what I can do. As long you as you promise me to never tell people that you beat me." He said. I smiled with a laugh. "What?! Why not?!" I asked laughing. "'Cause I have a reputation to maintain!" He said chuckling. "Oh! Do you now?" I questioned smirking. "Yes. Now do we have a deal or not?" He asked me. "Fine. We have a deal." I answered shaking his hand. "Cool." He said standing up. "Now if you'll excuse me. I need to speak to your Headmaster." He said before leaving the room. I let out a sigh before looking up at the full moon in the sky.