Chapter 83

After being a wolf for a while, I returned to the school and stood in the den looking at all the visitors. I looked around at everyone before coming face to face with the she-devil. "I need your help." She told me. "And why exactly would I do that?" I asked crossing my arms. "Because...you and I want the same thing." She stated. "And that is?" I asked raising a brow. "Our girl to win." She answered. "Our girl?" I asked incredulously. "Yes. I fucked her first so. Our girl." She voiced. "Okay! Wow! Thanks for that. I'll be going now. You have fun with your little problem." I told her walking away trying to shake the visual out of my head. "Stiles! Wait! I'm sorry....I know she's your girl." She said. "Damn straight." I added. "But for once....I want Jo to see what we see." Penelope explained. "Which would be?" I questioned. "That if she wants to win. She could." She finished with a smile. "And how do you suppose we do that?" I asked. "Easy. You're going to escort her." She said with a smirk. "Me? You want me to escort her? How the hell will that do anything?" I asked. "God, Wonder Boy. Do I have to spell everything out for you? I thought you were smart." She said rolling her eyes. "Hey! I'm smart. Just confused as to how me escorting her will help her win." I countered. "You're going to convince her to win. She won't listen to me. But she'll listen to you." She explained. "So...you want me to manipulate her is what you're saying." I stated crossing my arms. "No. Not exactly. Kinda. Maybe. Okay yes. I need you to trick her into winning. You're good at that right? Tricking people? You are the Nogitsune after all. Isn't that what it's known for?" She answered. "I don't think you understand how the Nogitsune works, Penelope. I can't just turn on my tricky fox powers whenever I want to. It's a demon, Penny. The demon does whatever it wants, whenever it wants--." I told her. "Actually...I'm perfectly fine with this." The demon fox voiced. I paused for a split second before looking at Penelope with a smile. "What do you want me to do?" I asked with a mischievous smirk and flash of yellow-green irises. A smirk slowly crept onto her lips. "I take it this the Nogitsune that I'm talking to?" She asked. "No, I'm still me. Why would you think that?" I asked furrowing my brows. "Oh! I thought-" she started before I smirked again. "Damn. You're good." She pointed out. "Eh. I like to think of it as a gift." I said with a shrug. "Okay...so this is what I need you to do." She said as the two of us walked down the hall.

4   5      M   I   N   U   T   E   S     L   A   T   E   R

J   O   S   I   E

I stood in my dorm with Lizzie, Hope, Penelope, and Stiles. Lizzie was going over her plan to win the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. But I couldn't keep my eyes off of Stiles. He had showered after being a wolf for a while and changed his clothes. But it wasn't his normal style of clothes. He usually wore a henley that was either white, gray, or black. Along with a pair of faded black stacked skinny jeans. He'd also wear a simple pair of worn Converse hi-tops that varied in many different colours. Apparently, his uncle Kol compelled the founder of Converse to start the famous shoe company. However, Stiles was wearing none of that. Instead, he exchanged his rustic white henley in for a blood red silk dress shirt with the top three buttons undone. His sleeves had been rolled up to his elbows. His jeans were replaced with black dress pants. He finished the look off with a pair of shiny black designer Italian leather dress shoes, customized with red laces. If I didn't know who he was...I would've thought he was the Devil incarnate. Especially since his shoulder-length chestnut brown hair was perfectly coiffed. Now that I think about it...he may not be the Devil incarnate but he was basically the son of one. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he listened intently to my sister's plan on winning the pageant. God-damn, he's hot. He glanced over at me and briefly flashed a lop-sided grin. My heart jumped into my throat the moment he did. He must have noticed because his smile grew wider before turning his attention back to Lizzie. I don't think I have ever stared at a guy this long before. Or anyone for that matter. Maybe I felt drawn to him. Or...maybe we were meant for one another. Okay Josie, let's not get too crazy. "Jo? You good?" Nik asked me. I blinked a couple of times before looking up at his eyes. "Huh? What? What happened?" I asked regaining my composure, practically tearing my eyes away from the muscles in his forearms. "Lizzie picked Hope as her replacement." He announced. I looked over at Hope and Lizzie before forcing a smile. "Great! That's wonderful." I said getting to my feet to leave the room. I was stopped by a firm grip on my right wrist. "Are you sure that you're fine?" Stiles whispered. God even his voice was like music to my ears. I couldn't find any words to answer with as I stared at his perfectly sculpted face. "Uh-huh." I squeaked as I crossed my legs uncomfortably. "Really? Because you don't look fine." He pointed out with a raised brow. I looked at his lips before briefly widening my eyes a bit. "I--I'm fine. I...uh...I just...I just need to...go to...the bathroom." I stammered as I repeatedly shifted my weight from one foot to the other. "Oh! Okay. Alright." Nik stated moving aside and letting me leave. I walked out the room as Penelope called out. "Have fun!" She said in a sing-song voice. "Shut up!" I shouted back closing the door behind me and heading to the bathroom in a hurry.

S   T   I   L   E   S

I looked at the three girls with furrowed brows. "What the hell kinda activity is she gonna be doing in the bathroom that warrants fun?" I asked confused. "Oh, you poor innocent child." Penelope stated with a smirk and shook her head slightly as Hope and Lizzie chuckled. "Why are you guys laughing?" I asked. "You can't be serious? Please tell me you're joking?" Hope as she stifled her laughter. I raised my brows. "How can you be the son of Klaus Mikaelson and not know what that means?" Penelope asked. "Sorry...I might have been a bit busy being possessed by a bunch of demons to learn from my dad who spent most of my life avoiding me to keep us safe." I answered sarcastically to which Hope and Lizzie burst into laughter. "Okay...I'm gonna say this slowly so you can understand me, Wonder Boy. Josie had been staring at you for the last 30 or so minutes. She was also stumbling over her words and uncomfortably crossing her legs. All while she was desperately trying to end her conversation with you so that she could leave the room to go to the bathroom. Now why do you think that?" Penelope explained. I thought for a moment squinting my eyes and furrowing my brows. "What could she be--OH! OH! WHOA! GOD! EW! BLOODY HELL!" I exclaimed putting my hand over my shut eyes as the three girls laughed.