Chapter 75

H   O   U   R   S      L   A   T   E   R

I stood in my Dad's office with the others including Rafael and Kaleb while he showed us an image of two supernatural creatures fighting. "So...some witch found out that the Beast is coming after Stiles because of the Hellhound inside him threw it into Malivore however many or so years ago?" Raf asked. "Hey. That witch is my aunt." Hope said. "Basically." Dad said. "Can we stop it?" I asked. "You can't stop destiny." He said shaking his head. "What? Wha-what kinda answer is that?" Hope asked. "An answer that makes sense to me at the moment. To be honest, Hope, I don't know what to do. These two creatures have been battling it out for centuries. You can't just tell them to stop." Dad ranted. Hope dropped her head. Off in the distance, a loud thunderous roar broke through the air. It sounded nearby. "That doesn't sound good." Dad said grabbing his crossbow. He looked at it before putting it down and opening his desk drawer and pulled out a gun. "Hey! Whoa! What is that?!" I asked wide-eyed. "A Magnum. Wanna question me? You can gladly sit this one out." Dad said storming out the room jamming an ammo cartridge into the gun and cocking it. I made eye contact with Hope and my sister. "Did you know he had a gun?" I asked them. "Nope." They answered. We ran after dad outside.

We hadn't reached the door when they flew open and a black smoky giant figure stood in the entrance with glowing blue eyes and rows of fangs. It let out a roar as it ran down the hall. "Was that?" I started. "Yeah." Dad said running up to us. "We need to get everyone out of here. This place is about to become a warzone." Dad said going to the front door and flipped a panel on the doorframe. "What is that?" I asked. "A precaution." He answered pressing a button. An alarm started blaring in the school before the students ran for the front entrance. I looked at back down the hall before seeing Nik running around the corner. "RUN!" He shouted. A roar came from behind him as a black monster came around the corner slamming into the wall. Nik opened his hand before an invisible blast smashed into us, sending us flying out the building. Nik slid outside and slammed the doors shut before spelling it. He backed away. Blood was seen trickling down the side of his face. "That door isn't going to hold it back. I need you guys to hide until I can lure it away from Mystic Falls." He ordered. "Wait what?! You can't seriously expect us to let you fight this thing by yourself, do you?" Hope asked him. "Hope. You're gonna have to trust me." He said as the door shook behind him. "Where are you going to go?" Alaric asked. "Somewhere that I know I can get some help. Help from some friends." He answered. "Where?" I asked. "A place in California. Beacon Hills." He breathed. "Beacon Hills? The place we stayed at a few years ago?" Hope asked as Nik ushered us into the the stables with the horses. "Yes. There are people there that can help me. People like me and you." He told her breathlessly. "I'll call you when it's safe." He said. "Alaric. You do everything you can to keep them here. And don't let any of them come out until an hour has passed, got it?" Nik demanded before walking out the stables. "What?! Nik! No!" I shouted grabbing his hand and yanking him back. He looked at me. "I have to. I can't have you get hurt. Or anyone else for that matter." He said sweating as a roar broke the thick air. "Don't leave." I said in tears. "Trust me. I don't want to. But it's the only viable solution to keep you alive." He said before kissing my lips. He pushed me into the stable. "I'm sorry." He said before closing the stable doors and creating a barrier spell. "NIK!" I screamed slamming a fist on the door. "STILES!" Hope shouted in tears. The sound of wood shattering was followed by a deafening monstrous roar. "YOU WANT ME?!" Nik shouted. The Beast roared at him. "COME AND GET ME!!" Stiles yelled before roaring. Rapid footfalls headed our direction before flying passed us into the woods. "NO!" I cried out.