Chapter 67

The Chimera flexed his clawed fingers before baring his multiple set of fangs. "How do we change him back?" I asked Dr. Saltzman. "Right now...he's not himself. He's the Hellhound and Kasai. The Kasai is what's keeping Stiles from slaughtering us all. Want to get your brother back? We're gonna have to wait." Alaric explained. "Probably doesn't help that the Hellhound is fueled by anger and has a lot of it. Or that Lizzie pissed him off." I pointed out. The Hellhound roared briefly before running off down the road in a trail of fire and black smoke. He must not have his vamp speed when he's like this but that doesn't mean he wasn't fast. Because he was still very much a blur. But when he's using his vampire speed...he's already gone. "We need to go after him and make sure the organization doesn't spot him. If they find him and shoot him...it'll be a massacre." Alaric stated.

"But we wouldn't be able to catch him if we wanted to." I said picking up his scorched clothing. "The best we can do is find out where he's going and go from there." I said. "And how we going to do a locator spell on the fly? Only Stiles could do that." Josie voiced. I sighed. She was right. Stiles' skill in witchcraft greatly outmatched mine. He was the most skilled warlock that Freya had ever seen. "Doesn't hurt to try." I said grabbing an arrow from Alaric and cutting my hand. "I need a map." I announced. Ric pulled out a folded map from his back pocket and handed it to me. I whispered an incantation as my blood dropped onto the map. The blood made a trail down the side of the interstate heading back to Virginia fast. "He's heading back home. And fast." I said the wound healed. "Can't believe that actually worked." I sighed. "Alright let's go." Alaric said grabbing the mummy's scarab and the urn and heading back to the quarantine zone of town.

I sat in the van while we waited for the urn to return to our hands. "So the mummy ain't actually dead?" Kaleb asked Dr. Saltzman. "Well, if I'm right, the mummy's curse is bound by the scarab in its chest. Once the girls siphon the scarab, the curse will be lifted and the mummy will be dead." Ric explained. "Okay, and what if you're wrong?" Kaleb asked. "He's never wrong." I told him. "So what now?" Lizzie asked. "Until we get the urn, we wait." Alaric answered. "How long do we have to wait?" Liz asked. "If I have to bug-hurl again, I swear to God, I will never talk to you again." Lizzie said to me. "Okay, that one wasn't even remotely my fault." I argued. "Yeah, well, the beetle slime in my tonsils says otherwise." Lizzie countered. "Why can't we just give the mummy the urn?" Josie asked. "Is opening the portal to Malivore really that bad?" She added. "Do any of the monsters that have been trapped in there seem happy and balanced to you?" I asked her. "I'm with Josie. Why don't we skip bug vomit round two and just go and get some pancakes or something?" Lizzie suggested. "The Hellhound had the opportunity to run off with the urn. And so did the Nogitsune. But they didn't. They gave it to us." Alaric pointed out. "Think of it like this. We'll be setting the mummy free from his prison." Alaric added. "Poor mummy." Josie said. "All right, look, we can keep having empathy hour or we can do what we came here to do." Kaleb said. "Here we go." Alaric said as the mummy walked out the tent. "What the hell is happening?" Clarke asked walking over  "I don't know; he should be dead." Alaric told him. "Well, clearly he isn't." Clarke stated  "Yeah, I can see that." Alaric stated. "He's looking for the urn." I pointed out. "What do we do?" Clarke asked. "I don't know, give him the urn." Alaric suggested. "Hey, can someone give this thing the urn?" Clarke demanded. "Can't. The urn's gone." A man answered. "Wh-- Who's been in there?" Clarke asked. "Only our guys." The man returned. "Do something." Clarke ordered Alaric. "Kaleb?" Alaric told him. "Yep." Kaleb sounded running at the mummy. The mummy stopped Kaleb in his tracks and screeched. "Nice being. Don't mind if I do." Kaleb said taking it. "Lizzie." Kaleb said throwing it to her. "Got it." She said catching it before Josie and Lizzie began to siphon its power. A loud bellowing roar came from a distance. The mummy turned around in time to find a hulking figure slam him to the ground. "What the hell is that thing?" Clarke asked wide-eyed. "We're the Super Squad. And that's our Hulk." I said watching the Hellhound pin the mummy to the ground. "Hell yeah it is." Kaleb said with a smirk. Nik raises his muscular arms into the air before bringing them down onto the mummy. He did this multiple times as the ground rumbled beneath us. The mummy threw Nik off of him rising to his feet running at Josie and Lizzie for the scarab. A few seconds later the mummy became statue. Josie and Lizzie had siphoned the power from the scarab. Nik crawled out of a destroyed tent and ran at the mummy. "Stop!" I yelled at him. The Hellhound skidded to a halt and huffed at me. He let out a bark. "He's dead." I told him. Nik looked at the mummy before sniffing it. He let out a growl before raising a hand and backhanded the mummy's face. Its head went soaring across the town. "The curse is lifted. He's gone." Alaric said. "Well, Agent Clarke  we do any more work for you guys, you're gonna have to put us on the payroll. Guess, we'll be on our way out of here." Alaric stated. We climbed into the van. Nik glared at Clarke before looking at us in the van. "Interstate." I whispered. The Hellhound looked at me before huffing and puffing. He gave Clarke one last look before growling. Alaric drove off down the street before Nik ran passed us full speed on two legs before dropping down to all fours and leaping into the sky. "Damn he's cool." Kaleb said staring at him and watching him go.