Chapter 24

L I Z Z I E

I sat in my bed as tears rolled down my cheeks. Penelope blew up at me about how I'm terrible sister to Josie and she was the one to make Josie the witch representative. Josie walked into the room and she walked over to me and sat down beside me. She looked down at her hands. "I was with Stiles in the gym." She said. "Why?" I asked. "He...needed help." She said. "Oh. Is he okay?" I asked. "I don't know. Hope's not even sure anymore." She answered. "Hope and Dad both think that we'll lose him to the demon inside of him." She said sadly. "Wait...what? Losing? Lose how?" I asked sitting up. "If he can't control the fox within...he'll be gone forever. The fox will take over and Stiles will cease to exist." Josie said as she looked at me with tears in her eyes. "And I don't want him to." She said as tears uncontrollably fell. I pulled her into a hug. "Hope isn't going to let that happen. Not in any timeline or alternate universe. You can count on Hope Mikaelson to save her brother." I said cradling her head in my arms.

S T I L E S

I woke up in my bedroom and sat up rubbing my eyes. I had completely fell apart in front of Josie. But the best part was how she was there for me. Hope never did that. Alaric never did either. Josie was the first person to have ever done that for me. A smile grew on my face as I got out of bed and got dressed before I left for Dr. Saltzman's office. I arrived to find the door was locked. I knocked on the door. "Dr. Saltzman. It's Nik." I said. "Uh. Let's do this another time, Stiles." Alaric said from inside the office. I furrowed my eyebrows going to open the door to find it was locked. I sensed someone else was inside. I sighed walking away to bump into Josie and Lizzie. "Josie. Lizzie. Hi." I said catching Josie's hand before she could fall to the floor and pulled her towards me. I pulled her too close and her nose was inches from mine. "Hi, Stiles." Lizzie said with a smile. We pulled away and I looked at Lizzie. "Hi." I said returning the smile. "Just to let you know...your dad is being weird. And his door is locked. Uh...Josie...I was wondering if I could talk to you about something later." I said. She nodded her head smiling. "Sure." She said. "Cool." I stated before walking away.