Chapter 74

J   O   S   I   E

N   E   X   T      M   O   R   N   I   N   G

I laid in Nik's bed with his arm around me. I was awake before him and was watching him sleep. He furrowed his brows before stirring a bit. He growled for a split second as he let out a whimper. He was having a nightmare. "Nik? Nik! Wake up. Babe. You're having a nightmare." I said shaking him slightly. His whimpers became cries of terror. His already closed eyes shut more. He was shaking in his dream. His claws dug into me as he clung to me. "Stiles! Wake up! Nik! Stiles!" I shouted. He let out a scream that sent me flying out of the bed into the dresser. A few seconds later, Dad came in and grabbed Stiles. Stiles was screaming out in complete fear. His arms were flailing about, hitting Dad as he tried to contain Nik. "Stiles! STILES! Wake up! WAKE! UP!" Dad screamed. Nik's eyes glowed bright fiery orange before calming down in my Dad's arms. He was breathing heavily looking around. He shuddered with wide glowing eyes. I cupped his face and forced him to look at me. "Look at me. Look at me!" I told him. His glowing irises made contact with me. "It's coming." He breathed. "What? What are you talking about?" I asked looking between him and Dad. "It's coming. It's coming. IT'S COMING!" He said as tears streamed down his face. "What's coming?!" I screamed as Hope ran inside with Landon and Lizzie. "What's going on?" Hope asked. "I don't know." I said. "Stiles! What's coming?" Dad asked him. "A monster." He answered in a hushed voice. "What's he talking about? What monster?" Hope asked. "We all looked at Dad, waiting for an answer. He pursed his lips. Nik's eyes went completely feiry orange and white. "La Bête. La Bête is coming." He whispered. "What's that mean?" Lizzie asked. "The Beast." Landon answered. "I took French in high school." He said. "What's the Beast?" I asked Dad. Dad sighed. "It's nothing you need to worry about." Dad said getting up from the bed. "Are you joking?" Hope asked him. "He's terrified!" She shouted pointing at her brother. "You don't think I know that?!" Dad exclaimed. "I need to get out of here." Nik said. We all looked at him. He was standing up. His hands were slightly trembling next to his legs. "If I don't. People will get hurt. And I can't let that happen." He said. "What's coming to get you, Stiles?" I asked. "The Forgotten One. La Bête du Gévaudan. The Beast of Gevaudan." He answered in a deep raspy voice as he stared out the window. "What's the Beast of Gevaudan?" Hope asked. "The death of me." He answered quietly. "Wait what?!" She exclaimed shaking her head. He spun around his eyes glowing brightly. "The end of the world is upon us. Want to survive it? Stay out of our way and don't follow us!" Nik exploded his voice no longer his own, but the Hellhound's...deep and demonic. Flames sparked off his shoulders and hair as he mindlessly headed out of the dorm shirtless and in shorts. I looked at the others before turning to dad. "What was he talking about?" I asked. "Follow me." Dad said with a sigh before leaving the room and heading to his office. Scorched footsteps were seen in the hallway heading towards the entrance of the school. I headed into my dad's office with the others.