Chapter 28

I ran through the woods looking and came to a stop spinning in a circle as I ran a hand through my hair. "Come on, Jo. Where are you?" I asked. "JOSIE!!!" I yelled. I heard a muffled voice nearby and ran towards it. It got louder the closer I got to it and looked down at the ground as claws extended from the tips of my fingers, my eyes glowing orange. I dug into the ground quickly when a decaying rotten hand shot out towards me and grabbed my hand. My eyes widened. That's not Josie!! I pulled the hand off of me and threw the disembodied hand away from me. The body of the undead person scrambled out of the grave groaning and moaning. It grabbed my legs. A shovel appeared into the chest of the zombie. I looked to the left to see Penelope, MG, and Hope carrying axes and shovels. The zombie continued to claw at me. "I prefer my zombies headless." I stated as I curled my hand into a fist. The Hellhound's hellfire enveloped it as I slammed it into its head exploding into a chunks on impact. I climbed out of the grave. "Three's a pattern." I said looking at Hope with deep breath. "Thanks." I said looking at Penelope. More arms shot out from the ground and zombies pulled themselves out of their graves. "This was NOT what I expected to be doing tonight. But Josie's in trouble..." I said as Hope tossed me an axe before I instantly spun around swung the axe into the head of zombie sneaking up behind me. "...And I fully intend on saving her...even it means stopping a zombie apocalypse to do it." I said looking back at the others, blood splattered on my face. 

I smashed the axe onto the head of a zombie. "MG! Find. Josie. Now!" I said slamming a fist into the face of another crushing the head with my supernatural strength. MG sped away to search for Josie. Hope, Penelope, and I were surrounded by zombies. "Well...this will be one to remember." I said bringing the axe down onto a zombie before yanking it out and swinging it into two more. I hear MG screaming up ahead. "Who's smart idea was it to send him up there alone?" I asked. "Yours." Hope answered. "Oh yeah. Whoops." I said throwing the axe at a zombie ahead of me as I ran to MG. I jumped at the zombie, grabbing the axe out of its stomach and flipping over it to bring the axe down onto its head before running to MG again. I arrived in time to decapitate the rotten undead being and looked at MG. "I said find Josie. Not this. Listen for a feminine scream and an actual beating heart." I said helping him to his feet. He sped away. I felt a pair of hands grab onto me and felt pain as a pair of teeth dug into the flesh of my neck. I let out a scream. Rage consumed me as I dropped the axe. I reached behind me grabbing the zombie and slamming it to the ground. I tore it apart as the bite wound started to heal. A ball of hellfire formed in the palm of my hand before I smashed into its face, incinerating the monster. I climbed off the mangled creature panting as Penelope and Hope ran over to me to see my hand on fire and the wound on my neck beginning to heal. "His end was quite spectacular. Much like whoever brought them back to life will be." I spat. I calmed down when MG called out. I ran over to him and helped him dig. A dirty feminine hand shot out and MG grabbed it. He pulled Josie out of the ground...she was crying and struggling to breathe. "How did you find me?" She croaked. "Your necklace. It makes quiet things heard." Hope said as Josie looked down at the necklace. I let out a sigh of relief as Penelope and Hope helped her out of the grave. "I happen to like my Josie breathing." I stated smiling at her.