Chapter 23

J   O   S   I   E

I looked at Hope after the meeting had ended. "What happened to Nik?" I asked her. "He's not doing so good. He got into a fight with Jed and nearly killed him." Hope stated. "It's the Fox...isn't it?" I asked. "Yeah. It's feeding off his pain and anger. He's still grieving over our parents deaths. The more pain he's in the more powerful the Nogitsune gets. That's why Alaric has been trying to find a way to control it. With help from our aunt Freya." Hope explained. "That's not the only thing that Nik's trying to control is it?" I questioned. "No. He has a monster called a Hellhound that fuels his rage, his strength, and power." She explained. "It's the cause of his short and explosive temper. The only thing that usually holds it back is the Kasai. The second Kitsune...the fire Kitsune. It usually helps but I think the power of the Hellhound is overwhelming the Kasai." Hope stated. "He could really use someone one like you right now." She added before leaving as well. I looked down at the table and thought for a moment. I stood up and left the room and headed after the Chimera.

S   T   I   L   E   S

I stood in the gym by myself trying to control my rising emotions. I curled my hands into fists and slammed them into the punching bag. I grabbed it and tore it off its hinge and threw it across the room with shout. I ran my hands through my hair as tears streamed down my face. I let out a cry as I threw the weights off the racks. I grabbed a 150 lb weight threw it like a frisbee. I heard a gasp. My eyes widened as I spun around extending my arm out and stopping the weight just in time to stop it 2 feet from Josie's face. I dropped the weight to the floor with a loud echoey metallic clang. "Josie?" I croaked. She walked over to me. I fell to my knees and dropped my head. Josie dropped beside me instantly pulling me into an embrace as I sobbed into her shoulder.