Chapter 17

I walked through the woods after successfully shutting the fox up. But the power was still building up inside of me. Eventually I was going to explode in the worst inopportune time possible. Because why the hell not? I shoved my hands into my pockets and listened to the dozens of dead leaves beneath my feet crumple as I walked among them. The forest was peaceful and quiet. Unlike the hell back there called Mystic Falls High. Where even monsters would never dare to enter for the possibility of getting detention of a more terrifying monster...the principal. But you're probably wondering why the hell do I care? Answer? I don't. "HELP!!!" A girl screamed. I stopped listening intently as I looked around. That voice sounded familiar. A couple of seconds later, another cry for help echoed throughout the woods. My eyes widened as I looked up in the direction of the voice. "Josie." I whispered before breaking into a run at supernatural speeds after the Saltzman twin. 

The environment around me became a blur as I sped towards the sound of Josie's cry for help. It wasn't until I reached the old decrepit building when I heard a male's voice also crying for help. I skidded to a stop inside the building and looked around. "What the bloody hell happened in here?!" I asked looking at giant webs within the building. "NIK!" Josie shouted. My head snapped up to the second floor. I saw the look on her face. It was filled with fear. I jumped up to the floor and stood in front of Josie and Rafael. "Josie! What the hell is all of this?" I asked looking around and spotting Sasha Stoteraux. "We can't get out." Josie whimpered struggling to break free. I walked over and blasted the webs with magic. But the webs wouldn't break. Trying to save your little witchy friend, I see. Have I taught you nothing? I. Don't. Save. People. Stiles. I shook my head as I looked at my hands. "Why didn't the webs break?!" I asked. "It's the fox. It's fighting you." Josie said looking at me. "How do you know about that?" I questioned trying again. "Hope told me. She also told me how dangerous it is to you." Josie said as I tried to pull the two of them out. I looked down at her. "Hope doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm perfectly fine." I said grabbing her hand pulling with my all my strength. The webs went taut and it pulled me towards the two teenagers. Except...now...I was stuck in the webs with them, uncomfortably in front of Josie. "Bloody...DAMN IT!" I screamed through my teeth. My hands were enveloped by webs stuck on either side of Josie's head. I looked down at her immediately feeling uncomfortable. I could feel her breath on my neck. I looked into her big doe eyes. Damn. How have I not noticed that she has beautiful eyes? Wow...Seriously? Now? "Well...this is awkward." Rafael said breaking the silence. I looked over at him. "So much for my heroics." I said a bit disappointed looking down at Josie. "You found us...so I'd say you're doing pretty good so far." Rafael stated. I looked over at him with a nod. "Doesn't do much good if we can't get out." I said furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Speaking of...how the bloody hell are we going to get out now?" I said yanking at my wrists. "This is bad. Whatever spun this, it's gonna come back and it's gonna eat us." Josie said struggling to break free. I could hear her heartbeat racing in fear. I let out a breath of anxiety as I felt the sense of claustrophobia start to kick in. I don't usually break but sometimes...there's things that you just can't stop. Like...my parents death. Wow. That's a bit morbid don't you think, bud? I pulled at the webs trying desperately to get out. The only thing I was accomplishing was bringing Josie closer to me. I stopped doing it because of how close she was to my lips now. My eyes widened as I stared at her. "In other news...you smell nice today, Josie." I said trying to calm myself. Her brown eyes danced as she looked at mine. "Thanks...I guess." She whispered back, her breath sent chills down my spine as she answered. "Can't you two witch us out?" Rafael asked us. "Usually? Yeah. But for some goddamn reason. My magic is on the fritz." I said. "No, that's not how my powers work." Josie answered. "My sister and I, we come from this specific witch bloodline called the Gemini Coven. Basically, we don't have powers of our own. We have to siphon them from other things first." Josie explained. I furrowed my eyebrows thinking. "So, that thing that you did earlier, you siphoned power from a wall?" Rafael said. "There's magic that runs through the school. It works on small spells." Josie replied.