Chapter 59

J   O   S   I   E

I couldn't get the door open. He must have spelled the lock. I leaned my head against the door. He'll never trust me again. "Josie? Stiles?" Dad shouted from down the hall. He came into view before finding me, Hope, Landon, and Lizzie at Stiles door. He ran over and looked at us. "Anything?" He asked us. "Nothing." Hope answered. "And we can't get in because he spelled the door." Hope added. "Stand back." He said before standing in front of the door and kicking it in. He looked back at us with a proud smile. "That's right. I still got it." He said before I ran inside. My eyes widened surveying the room. "Oh my God." Hope whispered tracing claw marks on the wooden floor. "He really just...Hulked out didn't he?" Landon quipped looking around. I looked over at him with a glare. "Sorry. Bad time." He apologized. "Actually...Landon might not be too far off about this. Stiles is prone to throwing fits of rage because he contains the vengeful and chaotic spirits of the hellhound and the nogitsune. Not to mention he's part werewolf and vampire. Two creatures that are already famous for going berserk if rubbed the wrong way. Also...he has his dad's unending temper which only adds more fuel to the fire. He was bound to slip up eventually. Remember when he attacked Jed? That was him losing control to protect Landon. But...I guess...seeing you and Penelope kiss while under the slug's influence...pushed him passed his breaking point. And now...like Landon said; he hulked out. Probably doesn't help that there malevolent demon fox that can manipulate him into doing anything. Only God knows what he'll do if he turns off his humanity. It'll be the end of the god-damn world." Dad lectured looking up from the piece of glass in his hand and staring out the window.

We searched everywhere for Nik...but he was nowhere to be found. Rafael, MG, and Kaleb couldn't even smell him. "Stiles was always good at not wanting to be found. You won't be able to find him unless he wants you to. And at the moment, he's currently pissed at you meaning he wants nothing to do with you." Hope said looking at me. "It wasn't me that kissed Penelope." I argued. "Yes. But Jo...the slug revealed your uninhibited self. Meaning a part of you still wants to be with Penelope. The slug. Stiles is infected with a slug. He's the last one with a slug. That's why he's been acting so strange today. He didn't show it because he's normally happy in the mornings and when he's off his meds. But not that happy to where he sings "No Control" by One Direction. Trust me. Besides...when's the last time you have ever seen Nik drink a pink fruit smoothie? He hates smoothies." Hope explained. "Stiles hates smoothies? What kinda freak hates smoothies?" Kaleb asked. "The kind that used to drink them with their mother but their mother ended up dying so they never drank another again." Hope answered turning away. Dad ran up to us with his crossbow in hand. "I've got nothing. The longer it takes to find Stiles. The more dangerous it becomes for everyone in Mystic Falls...and Virginia." He said. ACDC "Back in Black" blasted from within Dad's pocket. He pulled out his phone and answered it. "Dorian? You find him yet?" He asked. He hung the phone up before sighing. "Someone needs to put a bell on that kid." Dad said heading back to the school.