Chapter 88

MISS MYSTIC FALLS PAGEANT

HOURS LATER

STILES

I was going to be the escort for Josie but thought it best that Penelope did. Given how she was leaving the school. It wasn't that hard to figure out. But I didn't want to be the one to tell Josie. I left that part to Penelope, since she was the one leaving. The two witches were walking down the stairs before Josie fell to the floor after receiving a signal from Lizzie. I sighed dropping my head. Penelope yelled at her before storming off. A couple of minutes later the spotlight was aimed at Hope who had just had an argument with Landon. She was alone without an escort. I was going to step in when Roman did first. I clenched my jaws before turning away to gripping the banister in front of me. The two teens took to the dance floor as Josie ran off after Penelope. I watched as Hope danced with Roman. My dad had tears in his eyes as he stared at the blue dress Hope was wearing. A few minutes passed before Josie came back in tears and spoke to Lizzie. "They're about to announce the winners, where've you been?" Lizzie asked her. "Getting the letter that Penelope wrote me. She's leaving the school." Josie told her. "Oh, yeah, I knew that. I overheard Dad talking to her parents." Lizzie answered. "And you didn't think to tell me?" Josie asked tears filling her eyes. "The devil's exorcising herself from our lives. That's good news. Why are you acting all annoyed?" Lizzie stated. "I can't believe this. She's been telling me all along, but I could never hear it. You never consider anybody's feelings but your own." Josie told her. "What? That isn't fair." Lizzie argued. "Isn't it? It's bad enough that you didn't think I'd want to enter, but not a single part of you thought that I could even win." Josie ranted  "Jo, I'm not a mind reader, okay? If you wanted to win..." Lizzie started. "Of course I wanted to win. But the second you dropped out, you gifted your entire plan to Hope." Josie interjected. "Because of science." Lozzie argued  "Science? Really? I REALLY do not get women." The Nogitsune voiced. Dude....Shut up. "Lizzie, listen to yourself. Science? What about your sister's feelings? Do you know how good it would feel to actually be competing? In Mom's dress?" Josie asked her. Mom's dress? Caroline? "Did you even consider how Hope would feel wearing it?" Josie asked Lizzie. "She looks fantastic. She should feel amazing." Lizzie answered as I looked from the dress and the two twins. "Will she still feel amazing when she learns where it came from?" Josie spat. Where it came from? What? "What do you mean, where it came from? It was a gift from some guy that used to crush on Mom." Lizzie answered. Guy? I furrowed my brows, my thoughts overloading my mind. "From Klaus Mikaelson, Lizzie. Hope and Nik's dad." Josie finished before walking away. My eyes went wide as my attention snapped to Hope who started to break down in tears. I couldn't blame her...so was I. "Klaus...you wanna do something? Your daughter is in the middle of a breakdown." I heard Marcel whisper. Klaus made his way onto the dance floor and took Hope in his arms and hugged her. "It's alright, love. Let it out. I'm here, sweetheart." Dad told her. Dad gave Caroline that dress...That's the famous blue dress. I watched father and daughter stand in silence as Hope quietly sobbed. Tears fell to the floor...I couldn't breathe. I stood up before going after Josie.

JOSIE

I had just watched Penelope leave. My ex...was gone. For good. Never coming back. "Josie!" I turned around to see Nik with reddened teary eyes. "You knew?" I asked. "What?" He asked. "You knew about Penelope leaving and refused to tell me." I stated. "Look, Josie. I didn't tell you because I thought Penelope would. If I knew that was going to happen I would have." He explained. I was so overwhelmed by emotions that I slapped him across the face. He reeled back with a look of shock on his face. He looked back at with a red mark on his cheek. "Don't you EVER decide what's best for me!" I snarled in tears. His eyes flashed orange as veins shot up to his eyes for a split second and went away. "Fine. Just don't come running to me for help when you make stupid ass decisions...Because I won't be helping you, Josette. Not anymore." He growled squinting his eyes with a glint of fiery eyes. He pushed passed me and started walking off. I grabbed his wrist and stopped him. "I'm not done talking to you, Stiles." I called out. He spun around and glared at me. "What? What more could possibly need to know, you witch?! " He snarled. "How long have you known?" I asked. "What?!" He asked furrowing his brows. "Hiw long did you know about Penelope leaving?" I asked slowly. "Three months. Sorry if that upsets you, Josie." He snapped. "How about next time...you deal with the problems with your ex instead of having me dragged into it. Got it?!" He raged before breaking free from my grip. "Maybe my ex problems should include you now." I said in a hushed voice. He froze midwalk before looking over his shoulder. He turned around and faced me before taking in a breath. He shook his head before speaking. "You know what?! Fine! Go ahead, Saltzman! Do it! I don't really care anymore! Maybe then you'll learn to fight your own fucking battles instead of having everyone else do it for you!" He shouted with his brightly lit Hellhound eyes and a distorted demonic voice before he stormed off down the hall. Most of the students were staring at him. "Move! Or I'll do it for you!" He threatened slamming a fist into the wall next to him making a dent. The kids scrambled before he stormed down the middle and disappeared around the corner. I was left standing alone in the hall in tears.