Chapter 30

I sat on the floor of my room staring at my reflection in the mirror. There was a knock at my door and Josie walked in. I looked up at her. "Josie." I said. "You wanted to talk?" She asked closing the door. "Right." I said getting to my feet. I walked over to her and snapped my fingers. A box appeared in my hands. "I never told you Happy Birthday. Even though...it wasn't exactly happy day for you today. I mean...the birthday girl...never got to dance at her own party." I said giving her the box. "What is this?" She asked looking at the box in her hands. "One of the zombie's eyes." I said. "What?" She asked dropping the box. My eyes widened as I instinctively caught the box. "Whoa! Sorry. I was joking." I said apologetically.

"It's not an eye. I'd never do that. I'm not like my dad...in that way anyway." I said. She took it. "Just open it." I said rolling my eyes smiling. She hesitated for a second before opening it. "Nik." She said. "Happy birthday, Jo." I said. "It's been spelled to let me know if you're ever in trouble with this...ring." I said showing her an onyx jeweled ring. "Much like my sister's bracelet that she gave Landon." I said. "Why a sheep?" She asked. "Their the best kinds of people." I said. "And you...are one of the best people I know." I added putting the bracelet on her left wrist. She looked up at me and stared into my eyes. "I'm heading to Europe to be with my mom for a few days." She said breaking the silence. "What?" I asked. "Well...I almost died. My mom is gonna want to see how I'm doing." She said. "Besides. Then I get to test how good your little bracelet works out." She said with a smile before she went to leave. "Hey Josie. Thanks." I called out. "For what?" She asked. "The other night. In the gym. You were there for me when I really needed it." I said. "Look...enjoy Europe. My dad told me that it's a wonderful continent." I said. She nodded her head before leaving.

I dropped my head walking over to the window and stared outside. I heard the door swung open and I spun around in time to see Josie walking towards me and pulling me into a kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I lifted her into the air and walked over to the bed. I set her down on the bed and kissed down her neck as I flicked my wrist as my door swung closed and locked. Josie combed my hair with her fingers as I made my way back up to her lips. She played with the hem of my shirt as my hand trailed down the side of her leg. "You're very hot." She breathed against me lips. "Thanks." I said. "No I mean your temperature is high." She restated. "Oh...that would be due to the Hellhound and Kasai. Fiery demons that occupy my soul. My normal core temperature is 125° Degrees Fahrenheit." I explained. "Oh." She said. "Wait...so you don't think I'm pleasing to your eyes?" I asked. She was silent for a moment which made me feel like she really didn't find me attractive. Then she smiled against my lips before pressing up against me. I let out a chuckle. "I never knew that Josie Saltzman could be so mischievous." I said between breaths. "And I thought that Stiles Mikaelson didn't care about what others thought about him." She countered. "I usually don't...Just you." I said. I sat up and peeled my white shirt off before leaning back down to her. "I care about your opinion because if I can convince beautiful sweet Josie Saltzman...that I'm not a monster. Then I can convince myself." I stated. "You're not a monster, Nik." She said. "I never thought you were. And I never will." She answered before I felt myself floating into the air. I looked around to see Josie smiling. She crawled under me and I dropped back down onto the bed on my back. I looked at Josie to see her climbing on top of me. "Creative." I said. She sat on my lower abdomen peeling her own shirt off before leaning down and pressing her swollen lips to mine. My hands traced up her legs and to her thighs, as if they had a mind of their own. "I'm gonna miss you while you're in Europe." I breathed. "And I will miss your snarky comments and sarcasm." She answered with a smile. I let out a laugh as she kissed under my left ear and down to my shoulder while I ran my fingers through her luscious hair.