Chapter 18

J O S I E

I walked into the school with the still unconscious Stiles in the arms of my dad. "Any reason why he's shirtless and covered in ash?" My dad asked as he set him on the bed in Nik's dorm. "He may have went up in flames taking down the Arachne." Lizzie answered. "What?" Dad asked looking at Hope. "I tried to stop him but he had 9 flaming tails sprout out from this back and made the giant spider explode." Hope explained. "What's gonna happen?" I asked. "Well...for now. We let him rest. Taking on that much power to defeat a target that big is too much for any person to handle. Even for a creature as powerful as Stiles." Dad said before leaving the room. I sat down on the edge of the bed next to the Mikaelson twin. "We'll give you two some...space." Hope said leaving with Lizzie. "Thank you." I said watching the sleeping boy. "For saving my life. If it weren't for you...I wouldn't be standing here right now." I whispered as I brushed a strand of hair out of his face. He looks peaceful when he sleeps. Unlike the stone cold fake smile face he usually wears most of the time. He looks different. Younger. Innocent. He stirred for a second and his eyes fluttered open. He looked around and his eyes fell on me. "Josie? What happened?" He asked looking around. "You went all foxy and set fire to the Arachne." I said. He pushed out his lower lip and nodded his head slowly. I stared into his hazel brown eyes. "I don't hate you." I said. "What?" He asked confused. "I don't. It's just when I saw you--Penelope kissing you...I got jealous." I stated. "I feel really bad about that." Nik said sitting up with a wince. "I know you do. Hope told me." I said with a small smile. "If it's any consolation...I don't hate you either." He said with a smile. I chuckled as I dropped my head. Hair fell into my face as I fidgeted with my fingers. A hand made its way into mine squeezed my fingers gently. I looked over at him and leaned towards him slowly. I glanced down at his lips and looked back at his eyes. I pressed my lips against his and pulled away after a couple of seconds. We looked at each other before our lips crashed into each other again. He grabbed the nape of my neck and massaged the back of it as he continued kissing me.

S T I L E S

I leaned back on the pillow on my bed as Josie leaned forward; her lips moving in rhythm with mine like a dance. I was filled with all of the stories about Uncle Elijah with my mother. My father and Camille. Is this what love is like? Josie brushed against a bruise and I winced as I groaned against her lips. She pulled away. "I'm so sorry!" She said apologizing. "You're fine! Totally!" I said with wide eyes shaking my head before kissing her again. We only continued  for about 20 seconds before there was a knock on my door. I sighed dropping my head. Josie looked at me and smiled. She backed and got off the bed and went to the door and opened it. It was Hope. Hope looked Josie over and smiled a bit before entering the room. She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and a smile. She pointed at the closed door and at me then back at the door. "What just happened in here?" She asked. "Nothing." I said as a smile grew on my face. "You two kissed didn't you?" She asked. "Wow. You caught on fast." I said with wide eyes. She flipped her hair over shoulder. "Well. I am the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson." She said sitting in my bed. I laughed. "Yes you are." I said with a nod. "So...what happened? I need the tea." She said happily. "We talked for a bit and then we kissed for a little bit." I explained. She raised a brow. "Okay...we kissed for a while." I said. She shook her head chuckling. "Also...you told her about the fox?" I asked. "Yeah." She said running a hand through her Auburn hair. "Why?" I asked. "She kept asking about you. So I told her about it. I hope you're okay with that." She explained. "Yeah. I am. It's mice to talk to someone that isn't you or Emma about about our parents." I said with a sigh sitting up. "Speaking of out parents. I got you something." She said. "It's not our birthday is it? Because if it is. I'm...working on your present." I said with wide eyes worriedly. She shook her head. "No. It's not. That's not until 6 months from now." She said smiling. "Oh...right." I said. "Close your eyes." She said. "Do I have to?" I asked. "Do you want the present?" She asked. "Yes." I answered. "Then close your eyes." She said. I groaned but complied with my sister's command. I closed my eyes and felt a brief gust of wind make my hair fly upwards. "Okay you can open them now." She said. I opened an eye and opened the other. I looked down and saw a shirt. Not just any shirt...it was my dad's infamous long-sleeved shirt...that was turned to ashes. I looked at my sister. "But how? I turned it to ashes when I went all Kasai/Hellhound." I asked. "I gathered all of the pieces and did a spell to put it back together again. I know how much that shirt means to you. You don't have very many things left of our parents. Our dad's shirts are the only things that you have left of him." She said. A smile grew on my face. "Damn you, Hope. You're making me cry." I said pulling her into a hug and sobbing into her shoulder. She rubbed my back and we didn't let go for a while as we sat in silence.