Ryder and savannah

Ryder

My alarm woke me up at 6am, I thought that was unusual as Cole usually woke me at 5:45 for a bottle. Maybe Ria had got up with him and not woke me.. I hadn't heard him wake at all in the night.

I got out of bed and went to Coles room to check on him, he was still sleeping soundly.
It was crazy how much I loved that little boy. Ria was desperate for another child and the idea was growing on me more and more, I just didn't want to be the one to carry it.
Ria said I should experience giving birth too but it really wasn't something I was interested in, but if she did the pregnancy then I was definitely open to the idea of having another.

I went to the bathroom and had a quick shower, I had to set my alarm earlier so that Ria could get a shower before work too.
She was finally back at work and loving it.

I went to the bedroom with a towel around me and Ria was awake in bed

"Good morning baby." She said.

"Good morning sweet" I replied.

"I didn't hear Cole wake up last night." She frowned.

"I thought you got up with him." I was confused.

"Oh my gosh.. did our big boy sleep through the night?" Ria sounded shocked.

"Wow he's growing so fast." I sighed.

I started getting dressed.

"it's so sad that he's becoming a big boy." Ria sighed.

"I know you want another.."

Ria nodded "and I know YOU don't."

I sat on the bed and looked at her "We can have another"

A smile spreed across her face and she jumped up and hugged me.

"BUT you're doing the pregnancy." I added.

Ria nodded. "If you're 100% sure that's what you want then I'm down for it."

"I am baby." I smiled.

We got Cole up and went downstairs and had breakfast as a family, after we ate Ria went to shower and get dressed, I dressed cole.

It was almost 8:15 by the time we were all ready to leave the house. I kissed cole "be good at daycare little man, no breaking the rules mama is a cop remember" I said. Ria laughed.

I gave her a kiss too "have a good day at work baby, text me when you get a chance."

She said she would and she left to go to work, I headed over to my car, on the way out I saw Jaxon putting Ezmaya into the car and heading out too, he waved, I waved back. He was alright really.
No doubt he would bump into Ria at day care and they would both end up late to work.

When I got to the station I was greated by detective Monroe as soon as I walked into the building.

"Did you get anywhere with the murdered strippers." She asked me.

"I think so." I nodded.

Monroe frowned. "what did you get?"

"A squatter in the wrong place at the wrong time." I frowned.

Monroe frowned too "so cause of death?

"An accidental fire" I said blankly.

"that's my conclusion too." He agreed.

So that was it, with both of us drawing the same conclusion the case was closed.

I went to my office but Jaxon was still at the back of my mind.
Would he have murdered 3 women? I knew his past but he was a changed man since losing Ezra, I didn't think he was capable of murder.
Not after becoming a father to a little girl.