Detective Ryder

Katie/Ryder

I sat at work and looked out of the window, I wasnt feeling it today.

I had just had to deal with a customer that said her roses were too red, how could roses be too red? Red roses were red, I didn't get the problem but she had demanded a refund and I couldn't be bothered to argue with her.

Flowers were not my passion, I remember the very first time I saw Ria, she was in Jaxon's garden, well it was her garden too at the time, and she was planting flowers.
She looked so perfect and I fell in love with her there and then, that's why I decided to be a florist.
I was fed up of seeing innocent people go down for crime when it wasn't there fault they had commited them.

Ria hadn't meant to kill Jessica, it was an act of self defence, she didn't mean to hurt anyone but she would have gone to prison for it, In the end Jessica turned out to be alive but thats beside the point.

But all in all, flowers weren't my passion, they were Ria's thing.

I couldn't stop thinking about the day Jaxon had come over with that bag and told me about his stalker.
I felt a rush, the rush I used to feel when I was a detective, I hadn't realised how much I missed it.

The cops hadn't found any finger prints on the items in the bag only jaxons. And I doubt he had done it himself.
He wouldn't have told me if that was the case. It felt like a case and I really wanted to crack it.

I had finished work by 12 and headed straight home, Ria had to head to the supermarket so I stayed home with Cole and she took Ezmaya with her.

I absolutely adored my little boy, he was my whole world he was growing so fast..
Ria was desperate for another one, I was seriously considering it to be honest.

I sat on the sofa playing with Cole, he was giggling as I was throwing him in the air "Mama's happy little boy aren't you" I smiled.
I was Mama, Ria was Mummy, that way he wouldn't get confused.
I sugessted calling myself Maddy since I was the dad mom, but Ria laughed and told me no. I liked it.

The news came on, it was a story about a robbery in a supermarket.
The Officer on tv was someone I knew, it was Officer Greene, he was one of the best.

I looked at Cole and sighed "Do you think mommy will let me go back?" I asked him, he just giggled at me not having a clue what I was talking about, But I was really missing my detective work, it was so rewarding.

Ria's maternity leave from the hospital was coming to an end, it was okay though as the hospital had an onsite nursery and she had already arranged for both Cole and Ezmaya to go, usually it was only staff children that were allowed to go but Sofia wanted Ezmaya to go there because it was a very secure building and there was no way her mom or anyone else would be able to take Ezmaya out.

Since Jaxon was a forensic pathologist he classed as an NHS worker and had managed to get Ezmaya a place there too, we were happy the kids would be together.

Cole fell asleep so I put him in the bouncer, I dozed off too.

I woke up to Ria gently tapping me.

"hey baby, was he good?" She asked me.

"An angel as always.. where is Ezmaya?" I asked.

"I bumped into Sofia in the hallway, shes gone home." Ria smiled and kissed me.

"Can we talk babe?" I bit my lip.

"Of course, whats up?" Ria asked.

she handed me a costa coffee and sat down next to me, Cole was still sleeping soundly.