Chapter 66 : Shen family

After a long time later , finally Edna entered her inner chamber again , feeling exhausted from the court trial. Looking at her room, she noticed that her maids already cleaned up all messy things from before. Everything ended up in the stage they were from first.

Even if the room was cleaned, the destruction made earlier and that fear ..... not a single person who belonged from golden palace able to forget easily.

Meanwhile, their mistress is the Empress. If their mistress didn't spell a single word since arriving from the court room. So , servants remained silent again.

While Edna is long tired of everything , she stopped caring about her pathetic situation. Arriving in front of her bed, she directly collapsed.

" Your highness, are you alright ?" Lily concerned.

" Um ." Edna lightly make a sound .

It was already a tiring day and she was accused again. Edna sighed heavily . But finally without creating more problems, she saved herself . Edna patted herself for her this bravery. Only she knows about how scared she was today inside the imperial court !

" Your highness? " Lily asked again .

" Yes ."

" May I speak something? " Lily questioned again carefully .

" Yeah , don't hesitate." Edna waved her hand .

Taking a deep breath , Lily opened her mouth .

" Milady, do you remember the girl, Yari whom was sent here by Empress dowager !" Lily stated.

"Yes , what's wrong with her ?" Edna lifted herself from the bed as she knitted her brows in doubt .

" This servant don't know really but she is someone, Empress dowager sent here . Today's matter somehow related to her ,milady. I was not accusing her but I have my doubts and furthermore Fei saw her wandering near Lily palace for many days." Lily informed Edna as she gripped her cloths tightly. Edna raised her eyebrows. Slowly her mind started thinking deeply. Yes , her this secret came to the light after Yari entered her palace. There might be something more, Edna never know. But actually she's quite relieved that her guess is correct this time. Alas, she really hopes that empress dowager will be in a better relation with her , but it seems like empress dowager really hates her and even sent someone here. Edna only shook her head.

" Hm . Your concern is logical. Do check on her background more and give her garden management job after some observation with a promotion from chamber maid to official garden management. If she asked ,tell her that I was satisfied with her service. So, I granted her a promotion from serving chamber maid to garden department. But remember, do it slowly. Take some time and let observe her more . If you rushly do something, someone might get upsate. Anyways, Yari is our prime suspect. But we really can't take action on her hurridly. But we will do it slowly. From now on, don't let her step inside this palace ever again." Edna ordered.

Hearing the order , servants felt satisfied to their heart. Having a traitor inside their workplace is harmful enough. They already faced lot's of trouble and having a traitor is like no safety towards their freedom and life .

Meantime sending Lily off, Edna thought deeply . She don't wish for another problem from Empress dowager. So,she had to be careful . It's her fault that she didn't think smartly when Yari was sent over here. But it did proved that empress dowager doesn't wish to remain frienly.

A scheming palace and a scheming person will remain same. It's her fault that she overlook that mere servant lightly.

****

On the other side, Minister Shen entered his Manor with a smile . His eyes were lighten up for unknown reason.

Looking at him , madame Shen was rather dumbfounded. It is first time ever that her husband is all happy after returning back from the afternoon court !

" What's the matter ?" She asked while slowly taking a bite of sour plum.

" Hah ?" Minister Shen replied unconsciously . Shaking his head, a smile again bloomed into his face as he glanced at his wife.

" I'm just happy today." He replied with a smile. " How are you lately ?" He asked lovingly to his wife .

" Do you want to have a bite ? It tastes good . " Madame Shen brought a sour plum near to his lips.

Unconsciously, Minister Shen opened his mouth and take a bite. When the sourness of plum hit his tongue, he immediately crunched his nose in distress.

Directly he moving his head to other side , he spit out the remain sour plum.

" You eat this ?" He replied strongly with slightest bit of irritation.

Madame Shen only laughed. Minister Shen throw a glare on his wife .

" Alright , I'm wrong ." Madame Shen stopped her laughing. " So tell me what's the reason behind your happiness, dear husband ?" She teased him .Ignoring her teasings Minister Song replied.

"That girl Edna is really a kind child . It's been complete 3 years since the death of our child Nina. No one is willing to spell her name, except giving her the first concubine position. Even Emperor as her husband did nothing for her. Nina only end up being the birth mother of Princess Aimei . " Minister Shen sighed.

" What happened today ?" Did something wrong happened to you ?" Madame Shen asked.

"No , it's just that empress dowager accused Empress Edna today for secretly doing forbidden black magic act. But later,it end up doing ... that Empress Edna is only paying her respect to our Nina. Look , how thoughtful she is ! While everywhere seems forget our daughter, but this girl remembers ." Minister Shen praised. Madame Shen felt confused.

" Are you sure ?" She asked with doubt .

" Yes, I am. At first I doubted her intention. Later I saw that she used Nina's favourite jasmine fragrance stick and her every favourite fruits as offerings. You know , that is what Nina adored much . Our daughter has a specific taste ." Minister Shen answered. Finally Madame Shen nodded .

" I wish I could support her more than supporting Go Ja. Edna has a kind heart. But it's a shame that I can't. Helping Edna is way too risk taking. Already she was part of those schemes,if I involved .. it will drag our family too." Minister Shen remarked as he touched Madame Shen's hand .

"Hm." Madame replied faintly. Whatever her husband decide,she will support it.

" Hey ? I was thinking ... I should resign from my position after birth of our child. " Suddenly minister Shen stated.

"Why ?" Madame Shen felt shocked.

" You know this place is now not worthing for living. Even if I have powers for now, I can not predict future when our this child finally came into this world. I don't want any harm on his life . We cannot kept him in shadow, but outside is full of schemings. I don't want him to end up like Nina. " Minister Shen hoarsely replied. " I'm not willing to let him foolishly fall in love like his sister and destroy his life. I could never predict his future, and I cannot stop him too." Suddenly Minister Shen bitterly remarked.

" No nothing will happened to him. We are with him." Madame held his hand .

" I know . So let's go outside of this capital after his birth . Where our little family will be happy without any greediness. " He smiled finally again. Looking at her husband eyes , Madame Shen squeezed a smile on her face too.

She knew that her daughter destroyed her whole life for loving a man , who never regard her as a part of his life. For her obsession, she even dared to became a nameless concubine of her husband even being the young lady of Shen clan. And she , as her parent , supported her every blindness. Now she regret every bit of it , it doesn't mean that like her husband, she will forbidden her unborn child to fall in love with his choice near future . She will let the destiny to take care of him.