Chapter 9 : Fall for trape

Edna quickly leaves for the imperial palace alone in the carriage of Prince . Royal guards of Prince informed her that Prince will receiving her from the front gate of the imperial palace. She felt slightly unhappy but she never did voicing out her uneasiness .

As the carriage began it's journey towards the royal palace , Edna finally looked at her dress . She wore whatever her maid had prepared for her . She was wearing a plum colour dress with red coral necklace. On her left hand , she had the gold bangle which was gifted to her by the Empress . By gazing on the gold phoenix bangle , Edna felt distress. She doesn't know what will happen today ! She had no courage to stand in front of the Empress . Anyways, she is happy . This is the first time ,she will going to introduced officially as the Princess Consort of 2nd imperial prince. She finally gathered some of courage to stand near her husband without feeling any awkward. She had to perform perfectly today as the new daughter-in-law of Emperor Cong.

Actually she is very happy with her choice of attire. Whatever her maids recommended, everything looks good on her . Today, her maids turned her long black hair into a beautiful twisted bun with some gold flowers. She understands herself , she really did looks pretty . She just prayed that Prince didn't have to lose his face because of her .... today . After all , being newly married to the imperial family, people will judged her every step today. She had to be more careful otherwise it will bring shame to her husband.

When her carriage finally arrived near the imperial palace, she noticed that Prince Lee was already waiting for her . He even quickly help her from getting down of the carriage, which surprised her a lot . Without showing any expression on her face, Edna quickly check herself once again before finally presenting herself infront of the imperial banquet for the first time as new princess consort .

" Oh ! Isn't this 2nd brother ? How are you brother !" Suddenly an unfamiliar person exclaimed loudly . Feeling confused, Edna lifted her head towards that direction.

" Oh , your new Princess Consort came too ? Greetings , imperial sister-in-law. I'm 3rd Prince Doris ." That handsome man spoke with a smile . Edna wanted to give him a bow in respect but suddenly Prince Lee hold her hand tightly. Looking at her husbands expressionless face, she paused .

" Oh , isn't this my little imperial 3rd brother ! How come you were present today ? If I'm not wrong , you never wanted to participate in those palace banquets . You called them boring ! Am I right , younger brother ?" Out of nowhere, Prince coldly answered. And the colour of Prince Doris face changed . It's all known about their secret battle as they were competing each other for Crown Prince position . Meanwhile, the unknown her , felt bewilderment.

" Oh, imperial brother seems to really have a sharp mind ." Prince Doris smirked.

" I appreciate that . But brother , time changes as well habits too . While I'm a mere prince , unlike elder brother !" Suddenly prince Doris mocked and laughed lightly . Feeling the mockery from Prince Doris, Lee gritted his teeth in anger .

" This imperial younger brother excuses from elder brother and sister-in-law." Before Lee could fight back with his words , the intelligent 3rd Prince planned for his quick survival. After saying his words , Prince Doris quickly withdraw from that place with a teasing look .

Soon his whole attitude changed into an extreme swellon expression as he quickened his pace while smirking. Meanwhile , Prince Lee smiled coldly looking at his fading back .

"Your highness that's ..... "

" Let's go . We shouldn't be late anymore . Next time ,don't bow down towards those unworthy people . They never worth of our time. " Hearing those cold word from her husband, she was left dumbfounded once again. Feeling his stare on her ,Edna confusingly nodded.