Chapter 101 : Fourth plan - empathy...

The weather is slightly cloudy.

Some grey-white clouds floating all around the sky, making it looks gloomier. As time passing by, slowly the sky turned dark again. Rain has stopped several days ago, yet the sudden gloominess of the sky didn't fades away. Looking at the cloudy sky, people only shook their head. This summer is giving them lot's of disadvantage and headache.

Preparing to face the rainfall , it never came. Out of sudden, it started raining heavily even through the sky has no changes except a few wandering white clouds !

Unpredictable weather and people's mind .... everything seems same. Anyways they have to prepare for anything.

"Greetings to prime minister Shen ." Seeing the sudden arrival of minister Shen, steward Lu greeted immediately.

Minister Shen nodded.

"Is his highness inside ? I've an urgent matter to discuss."

"Yes, please wait for a moment." Steward Lu politely replied as he entered the imperial study room. Soon he returned back and bowed,

"You may enter, prime minister. His majesty is expecting your arrival." Nodding, minister Shen took a deep breath.

"Many greetings to your highness."

"You may rise."

Bowing prime minister lowered his head.

"Minister Shen, did something happened ?" Sensing the distress prime minister, emperor Lee questioned.

"I fear, yes majesty." Instantly Lee frowned his eyebrows.

Quietly minister Shen took out a report book from under his sleeves and passed it to emperor.

"Your highness, those are reports about the corruption of disaster relief fund."

"How did it happened?" Reading the content of the report, furiously emperor Lee slammed the book.

"Your highness ..." Saying Prime minister knelt.

"Although this servant did managed everything from court according to your order , this servant failed in his works. Seeing the notice from the spies, this servant came to know about the matter of the other small leaders of provinces mainly border side leaders who lacks many funds each time royal palace sent. This servant got to know about many matter which were hidden from us. Hence, relief corrupted by many leaders of food distribution bureau , before it reached borderline. And I fear, those people who distribute funds , lacks in understanding the depth of this problem. Sometimes, they provides a lot towards certain province leaders where it's not necessary , sometimes they didn't sent any or a few. Both sides resulted sufferings from famine every year for those leaders greediness. You need to investigate and give equal justice thoroughly, your majesty. And many clans, officers were directly involves themselves in this matter. Many dared to use corruption and sold those relief funds into black market."

"I understand ." Lee could only touch his forehead.

Sensing the annoyance of the emperor, minister Shen knelt.

"Your majesty, you have to do something. I plead you. Poor commoners were suffering from ages. Rebellions are on the way , if we didn't stop it. Furthermore, this is about the poor people, those silent victims ... that's really unbearable for me while we never know anything about their situation. If this happened for once more time, even ministry of war can't suppressed the rebellion anymore. I fear that their aggressiveness is much worse than previous years."

"Don't worry. I've decided that this time I will visit them personally with carriage of relief funds. I will inquire everything. Just keep this matter between us, otherwise those culprits will ran away before that."