Chapter 103 : Flower appreciation banquet

"I'm done finally."

She says as she pushed another pearl hair stick on her beautifully decorated bun.

Immediately the helping maids retreat and give Edna some space.

Edna motionlessly stared at the beautiful and elegant face reflecting inside the mirror, so perfect as if just being came out from a painting ! Slowly she smiled.

Sometimes being beautiful doesn't mean anything. But sometimes, showing beauty is everything .... that's matter.

It's really troublesome that you can't wear something too shabby when you attend the palace banquet. Furthermore, she is now a dignified empress, she needs to show her good sense of humour through her behaviour and acts . Even through she likes to be simple, according to her status, she need to wear fine embroidery cloths and products to show off her power. Hence, as long as it is an imperial celebration, she tries to be the perfect one people mentioned !

As it wasn't an official palace banquet, just a celebration from inner court, she choosed to not dress up in red. She even reject wearing the heavy Phoenix crown, instead put on a normal crown just to show her position.

She wears a dark blue gauze and a floor-length skirt with a outer robe. Her black hair has half lifted with a simple bun and a small golden crown with green stone was holding up her status as empress . Her dress up is finishing by adding a pair of blue stone teardrop earrings, which was a jewellery set from the empress dowager. Slowly she opened her mouth as her eyes observed herself on the mirror.

"Fei , how do this lady look ? Do I look good ?" Fei only answered her with an admired eyes and a cheerful smile.

Seeing her smile, Edna only sighed. This look, how long it will last long ? Youth never waits so as times. Now , she has to give special attention towards her everything. Unlike her pastself , this is the new her , maybe trying to please everyone... she mocked inside her heart.

When the news of Prince Cole not being a royal born spread everywhere , this entire situation can be described as a thunder bolt on a sunny day for her. She has been just getting familiar with the first Prince Cole. And now, a few years just passed, why did the calamity brought into her life and this engagement ? Forgetting about the opinion of people from the capital, she was more afraid of her life and reputation of her whole clan. Putting asides the absurdity of engaging a non-royal Prince officially, just the matter of engagement cancellation for the banishment of her betrothed was already shocking enough.

For a woman, even if the engagement was cancelled because of the fiance's fault, the consequences was still devastating. After this incident, her reputation would greatly damaged and it would be difficult to find a good family to marry in the future. She was completely frightened after she learned about this. First, she was trained to serve the imperial family , second ... the reputation of her clan is based on her shoulder and third, she was the legal daughter of Li clan chief.

From her childhood, she was taught and prepared to behave like what an imperial family member should ! From her commoner life to adapting herself as a soon-to-be royal family member was hard on her. Suddenly her every struggle and pain to the way of royal family shuttered. She was completely frightened, sensing darkness of future. She thought that she was stricken and overwhelmed.

In the deepest part of her chamber, she cried many time. She questioned herself and about her whole life continuously. Her struggle from a normal life to royal seems nothing ! Many times , memories haunted her, mocked her for getting a fruitless life after giving up her peaceful childhood.

Many years passed, now she is married to this same imperial family and still end up becoming an empress. She doesn't know that she should praised her luck or mocked at her destiny for becoming so messy !