Chapter 52 : Little hopes - hides behind reality !

Soon the lunar year festival arrived . Lots of beautiful lanterns and candles were hang around beautifully . Meanwhile, imperial head chefs had been deciding about what to produce this time. Many were happy , many were expecting something from this upcoming new year.

The atmosphere was bright and colourful , singing joy of celebration.
Everyone was actually happy and full. Commoners were laughing brightly looking at their good harvest , while many cried in joy for having such a good atmosphere after many years . The winter harvest already collected and everyone is satisfied. This time , surely everyone is going to celebrate this lunar year for having a great harvest .

Meanwhile , whole harem house became busier for preparing gifts for each others . There is the most expecting lunar year celebration going to celebrate soon. So , as the head of harem , Edna investigate everything frequently . No matter what, the whole empire going to celebrate this new year celebration and the imperial palace too. This time she would give her mother-in-law a custom-made wood crafted statue of phoenix bird as a gift .

It's not necessary to gift but Edna insisted on doing it . She finally understood that pleasing this Empress dowager is far better than anything . If she wants some favours , she needs to work for it.

It's been a long since she had personally ordered something . Right now, Edna had no desire for anything . Just want some peaceful moments in her life . She hoped that her mother-in-law will appreciate her gifts this time .

As the most expecting new year day coming soon , the whole palace getting more busier than usual . The new year is happened in between the mourning period of emperor Cong. As it is the biggest celebration of the whole year, imperial family decided to celebrate it in low key manners previously. As per Susan's wish , a few invitation were sent outside . This time , this lunar year celebration will surely going to be a grand one but with fewer honourable guests . Moreover, late emperor Cong's mourning period finally ended, so imperial palace started celebrating festivals again.

" Milady, your requested present has been sent from Go clan's ancestral manor."

" Keep it safe . Do not touch it . I will personally sent it towards her highness Empress dowager. " A lady replied lazily.

" As you wish , milady." Her maid servant bowed .

" Leave for now . I want to be alone ."

When sunshine suddenly fall on her body, a beautiful lady waved her hand in dismissal and turn around to lay down in her fluffy bed comfortably .

From her window, she could heard chirping from birds. But she is feeling distress . As per her fathers command, she was trying to pleasing this pridefull Empress dowager. Still she found something is lacking . And about her Emperor husband, she sneered in anger. She had already hinted about royal consort position . In this whole harem house, no one is worthy enough for being a consort rather than her. She had even proved her worth during handling the whole harem all by herself within previous 3 long months .

When Emperor given her power , she thought that she will soon selected as the next Consort even the Empress. But at last ,again she ended up being a mere second rank concubine of Emperor Lee .What logic Emperor has been using she needs to know ! Even Empress Edna was the Consort once upon a time , so why can't she ?

She calculated that having the imperial seal of harem , it declared about her current position within Emperor Lee's side . So , she would be the next ruler of the whole harem . She is a second rank concubine, who has given chance to control the harem. It never happened in history of Hui that emperor chosen a concubine to control the harem , even through she is a high rank concubine! She thought, Emperor finally noticed her value , so awarded her this position as ruler of harem house for good ! But she never believed that it was just an act for some months ! Before ending of Li Edna's punishment period , Emperor warned her personally so that she must not forget to returned back her position as harem head to Edna again .