Chapter 14 : Rejection

Later in the afternoon , Prince Doris had personally pays a visit towards the mension of General Song . He had made a long conversation with General Song for some time . Later, slowly he proposed his idea about marring his daughter Lynn . Although skillfully prince Doris started their conversation, but General Song felt something is really going on within this conversation trick.

"General, I came here so suddenly for a visit because of something important . Hope you don't mind it ." Doris stated calmly.

" Your Highness, what might be your reason? Please do elaborate ." General Song politely replied .

" Then I should not wait any more . I actually visited you for your daughter Lynn . General, as you see I am still searching for my princess consort , I believed you will grant your daughter Lynn's hand for marriage with this Prince ." Doris remarked slowly.

Silence consumed the whole room as General Song stared at this 3rd Prince Doris calmly.

Actually he was dumbfounded after hearing this request.

This Prince is quite handsome and capable. If he gave his daughter's hand to him , surely his daughter will lived like a queen . But he wanted his daughter to be the grand Empress .. a ruler , not a queen of someone else heart ! His daughter already gave her heart to Prince Lee .

General Song understands his precious daughter's heart . His daughter played with Prince Lee from her childhood , moreover calling them a pair of childhood sweetheart doesn't seems wrong. Empress had already requested her hand for 2nd Prince Lee . When Lynn will returned back after completing her studies , she will married off to the Prince Lee . It is actually a secret matter between the grand Empress Susan and the Song family. General Song pitied this 3rd Prince infront of him , he still doesn't know about anything !

He sighed .

Future Emperor will be the 2nd Prince Lee , this Prince Doris had no chance for winning the title.

After some deep talking between them , General Song finally returned his guest with a smooth rejection . He replied to Doris that he will think about this matter . But it doesn't mean that he will surely. Smart Prince Doris had already understands those awkward meaning behind his curve reply . He smiled and left the Song family Manor with a heavy heart .

****

On the same afternoon , Empress got the secret letter from general Song . She became really furious . Thankfully , she had planned out everything beautifully . She will never lose anything . She sneered by thinking about 3rd Prince Doris.

That Prince wanted to marry her Lynn. He dare ? She will made sure to wiped him out from this entire Hui Empire before he could approach his father for help.

Susan is greatly dissatisfied by the fact of increasing popularity of 3rd Prince Doris . Like the previous Crown prince Cole , this Prince Doris can easily bewitch everyone by his charm . Like mother like son, Susan tsked.

His mother , consort Fa had bewitch the late grand Empress dowager, nearly became the Empress of this Empire . Because of Lynn's mother, Susan finally became the real grand Empress of Hui . And now , that lowly son of royal consort Fa tried to grasp her future daughter-in-law Lynn ... he dare ? Coldly Empress Susan had ordered her secret spies to increase the amount . She will first destroy this Prince Doris reputation and then finally killed him along with his mother . She smiled secretly.

When she had just finished her afternoon tea , suddenly one of her royal maid informed her about the arrival of concubine Nina . She quickly smiled and welcomed her heartly.

Nina is her favourite. But Lynn is her best candidates for being daughter-in-law.

She likes Nina . Her maiden families power will helped her son . This daughter-in-law of her is quite witty and understand her perfectly . She and Lynn can easily ruled over this nation . But she knows that a jungle cannot have two tigers and an empire cannot have two empress . She will think something in near future about sacrificing Nina . But for now , an imperial grand son is most important. With a son as heir , her Lee can easily win over the emperor position . While the third Prince is unmarried until now, her son had both wife and son , a completely capable life . She just hoped that her so called daughter-in-law Edna , never turned out to be pregnant before Nina !

With her lowly background, it will be major difficult for her son to be the next Emperor and a lowly heir from a powerless main wife . Empress smiled mysteriously as she thought .

After some time , she saw her new daughter-in-law Nina . By looking at her awkward walking , she understands everything. Her grandson is on her way . She smiled happily. As Nina tried to bowed to her , she winched slightly. Quickly Susan stand up.

" My dear , please don't do this . You are already not in this stage . Then why suffer yourself much ?" Empress spoke as she helped Nina to taken a seat beside her.

" Its seems my plan worked last night." Empress Susan replied suddenly. Nina blushed in deep red . Susan knew that her son will feeling awkward for consummating his wedding night with Nina . He always treated Nina as his sister. But for power, he had to . So , Empress had drugged her own son .

" Mother-in-law. It's alright . It's my duty to kowtow towards you everyday . I even bowed down to elder Sister Edna. But her maid Rose had still scolded me . Mother-in-law, tell me .... have I done something wrong ?" Nina act pitifully. Her both eyes quickly covered in tears . By listening to her explanations, Empress again turned furious.

" You foolish child. Didn't I told you yesterday, not to kowtow infront of her . Then why did you still insist on doing it . That lowly girl doesn't deserved that kind of attention. In future , don't do it . Remember, she is only a wife in name , her marriage is nothing but forced marriage. You are the real mistress of that place."

After scolding her a little, Empress called one of her personal maids to visit the Prince Lee's estate and slaped 50 times to that lowly maid Rose. She also informed that Edna had to come over here and knelt infront of Lily palace for about 3 hours for not teaching her maids any manners . Nina smiled secretly as her plan works .

In the Prince Lee's estate, Rose had been almost slaped to death by the royal maids of Empress . As per the request of grand Empress, Edna visited Lily palace and silently took her punishment. Every maids had mocked at her as someone from the upper position had to knelt infront of the grand Empress courtyard ! It was an amusing situation for every royal servants of Lily palace. Edna's reputation totally tarnished that day . After that day , Edna would probably became a big joke in the whole capital again . How will she be able to rose up in the future ? It brought tears on her eyes.

When she finally returned back to her courtyard, Lily and Rose eyes watered slightly before they lowered their head in shame . Because of them , their lady had been punished severely. They deserved to die . They were only servants , so they couldn't do anything.

Cruel, it was really cruel. They gritted their teeths .

****

Meantime, after his wedding night, Prince had never returned back . He felt guilty. He doesn't know how to face both of his wives . One is still left without his approach for consummating their wedding night and other had done it already by scheming. This is disgusting for him to merely thinking about that situation . Lee never wanted to do it with a girl , he doesn't love. He was waiting for a perfect moment to spend his times with Edna . Suddenly everything spoiled before he plan anything .

For last 3 weeks , constantly his mother ordered him to returned back to his own estate. But he insisted on staying inside his private chamber of the royal palace complex . His Emperor father had finally trusted him . He granted him a chance for solving the case of corruption regarding monthly tax without the help of court ministry. Lee became quite busy . He had no time to waste anymore . For proving his worth infront of his imperial father, he will give up his personal life too .