Chapter 110 : Little wishes from life

I just followed master as he silently walked forward. Somehow I was not feeling well. Perhaps I'm over thinking it or hearing uncle's words made me uncomfortable.... I don't know.

"Sigh. Time is really passing through quickly but silently." He didn't respond to his masters word to let him continue slowly.

"You are the only apprentice I accepted in those years. Hope , you understand that what things should remain between us and what's not." Suddenly minister Song remarked heavily. For a moment, he was bewildered. Did he done something which is against his master ? Instantly he knelt down.

"Master, this subject never dares to go against your words. Master, please punished this boy if he crossed the boundary."

"Hey ? What are you doing ? Get up from the floor. I was just saying it. I trust you more than anyone else." Patting his back, minister Song regrets for scaring his this apprentice.

And Wei Dong, finally sighed in a relief.

"Actually I've a very important matter to aware you. I was forbidden to say few words but I want you to be aware of it from the first . So that you don't make any mistakes later and dragged down yourself. Today his highness has announced for an important matter. He was going to personally visit the flood affected areas."

"But master...."

"Yes, I know. It's not a wise decision but emperor already discussed with the prime minister Shen. Hence, we have no more to say. I called you because his highness ordered us to sent each of disciples from imperial ministry. Knowing you all those years, I've decided to sent you as my representative. As you see, without the presence of monarch , we .. the imperial rites have to control over the court, empire and looked after few national works. We have the difficult position to stop the empire to fall into chaos from the absence of the emperor from his palace. Yet we have to prevent this matter to not go outside from imperial palace complex and help the empress from behind to solve the messier outcome from the absence brought by the emperor. Thus, we can not accompany his majesty." He says as he looked at the eyes of Wei Dong.

"So as my most trusted disciple, you have to accompany his majesty behalf of me. Can you do it ?"

"As your wish, master." Wei Dong bowed.

"Good." Minister Song patted his back.

"Go and prepare for the journey. The troop of his highness will leave the day after tomorrow. You have to join them with your necessities. And yeah, keep this matter silent. Do not reveal it to anyone , not even to your friends or juniors. Emperor will choose a normal identity all along the journey. You have to help the emperor yet never let him find out that you are aware of it."

Sighing lightly Wei Dong nodded and left.

Maybe he failed again ! He again has to wait for confessing his heart. Alright, he'll be patience.

_______

Next morning, Edna woke up before her maid even call her. It is an important day for her. But it seems not . She faintly chuckled. It's the born day of her husband. Like each of previous years, emperor forbidden to celebrate his birthday grandly. His reasons, she never aware of it . Ironically, even married to him for long, she was not aware of his born day for a long period. If not for steward Lu, she might even regard it as normal days.

Looking at the faint rays on the sky, I stood up and pulled my blanket along with me. It is summer season, but night seems a little colder everyday. Dressing up in a simple way, I slowly opened the door and peeked outside. It was still a lot dark and silent.