Chapter 26 : A small request

It's been almost morning of second day , concubine Nina was still unconscious. Her bleeding can't be controlled anymore . Many doctors had declared already. Everything failed as they pitifully waited for her last breath . Everyone was preparing as she was dying slowly for blood loss . Her maiden family had been crying from the time , they got the news . It was unexpected. They had prepared everything, even Empress Susan had . But with this sudden accident, every plan shuttered completely.

Meanwhile ,everyone looked at the crying princess on the hand of Mama Eri . Prince Lee had simply glanced at his new born daughter, but didn't have the courage to hold her . Empress was slightly disappointment as she desperately hoped for a grandson , but she didnt say anything regarding this matter for now .

Edna is long excused by the Empress already . It was not Edna's fault, she can't blame her anymore.

When Nina finally opened her eyes , she saw Eri mama . Confusingly Nina gazed her surrounding. She is still inside her room . Suddenly a cry came from outside, she broke into a smile. That's her baby , tears started to rolling out from her both eyes. Her body already had no strength left and she is already verse of loosing her consciousness again. She had to hold herself a little longer , at least for the sake of her child.

" Mama Eri ." Nina whispered softly. However the older woman's head snapped up quickly in disbelief. Mama Eri's heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she heard the soft voice. Turning , she saw Nina's weak eyes looking at her.

Her mistress finally woke up ?

" Milady ." She rushed into her side and hold her hand . She cried in happiness . " You're awake ! I'll call the physician ."

" No , wait ." Nina again closed her eyes feeling tired .

A moment passed by , Nina didn't open her eyes again. Eri mama panicked.

" Milady, please don't leave ." She cried . This young woman doesn't deserved to die . Why her ? By looking at her new born baby, her heart broken apart . A motherly love is pure . No one could able to provide it to her baby after when she will be gone .

Suddenly Nina opened her eyes in a daze ,

" Mama , please invite the Empress mother here . I have something to say ." Eri mama nodded quickly and rushed back outside .

Every moment of Nina's life is precious now . Sadly she will not last long . She sighed .

Quickly Empress entered the room with a bundle in her chest . Nina smiled brightly. That's her baby. Suddenly Empress give the baby towards Eri mama to hold her . Nina felt disappointment.

" You're awake ." Empress said happily as she pushed through her tears and smiled down at her . Her eyes went to the fragil figure in the middle of the bloody bed . Empress didn't mind it . She hold Nina's hand, it was getting cold and pale .

Her heart ached knownly that Nina would not live long . They didn't know how to cure her . No one knows .

" I am hopeless , Nina ." Suddenly the almighty Empress Susan started crying . The girl whom is acknowledge by her when she is just a baby , was dying infront of her . She couldn't accept it.

" Mother , please don't cry anymore . I have a small request , hope you don't mind it ." Nina hold Empress hand lightly .

" Please say it Nina . I will grant any of your request ." Empress replied to her pitifully . Her heart was hurting so much .

" Mother , I was brought up infront of your eyes . You know , I trusted Rubi more than anyone. Please grant my this small request and let Rubi adopt my child as hers . Please mother , don't refused my this last request. I don't want to make my child's life bad . Around you and Rubi , she will be a fine lady . Please ." Nina started panting lightly after speaking. And Empress gasped hearing her small but heavy request . It's too much to ask . Nina's child is her son Lee's own daughter and her granddaughter. How can her aunt took care of her instead of her birth father ? It's impossible. Even Lee will refused it .

" Nina , I can't. It's a big decision. Are you sure , dear ?" Empress spoke as she looked at the pale figure .

" Yes , please grant my this small request ." Nina cried again . Empress knew her fear . Nina was anxious , what if Edna treated her precious child badly in future ? No mother will able to trust anyone . And it's Edna , who had no experience regarding this . Empress will grant her this request. Empress hold tightly Nina's hand as a promise.

Nina gave a perfect smile to Susan.

" Mama Eri , can you give me my child for a moment ?" Nina suddenly spoke softly. With teary eyes ,mama had given her child to her .

" How beautiful ...." Nina smiled softly as she touched her baby .

" Yes, your daughter almost looks like a mini version of Lee when he was this small ." Empress spoke softly . Nina smiled. Surely, her baby looks like the Prince . Only she had taken same mouth and eyes like her mother . Nina smiled.

" Aimei , her name will be Hui Aimei . Please accept my ...." Nina spoke lightly .

" Yes , then Aimei is it ." Empress smiled softly looking at the pair of mother and daughter.

Now she can finally take final rest . Nina sighed as she embrace her baby lightly . The baby obediently stays near her mother as she was sleeping quitely.

Nina's eyes went to the Empress for a second. She smiled more than any other day . For a moment Nina gaze her baby daughter lovingly and patted her head . Feeling sleepy so suddenly, she held her baby lightly as she closed her eyes slowly , like any normal person will fall asleep .

Time brings nothing but pain .

Silence make it even more
intense!

When people greeted with unusual silence,

It will broke their mind.

Silence is a way of showing hopelessness,

a way to say final good bye !

After some moment of silence, looking at the motionless Nina , Empress was shocked . The new born baby started crying even more , when unusual cold silence broke into the room . A single drop of tear , fall into the floor as Empress turned her back from everything , leaving behind the cold motionless tiny figure .

****

It was lady Nina's funeral. Everyone wore white and paid there respect to the first concubine of Crown prince Lee.

Many sympathise her and console her crying parents . Prince lost his first child's mother and Nina's parents lost their precious daughter. And Empress, she became motionless. She was still thinking about Nina's last wish and her bright smile . She can't believe it .

Nina's death is unexpected. But everyone merely pitied her. Many servants still snickered at her because she had punished them severely for simple matters once . While many other servants cried thinking about concubine Nina's poor child. Furthermore, Nina would be buried inside royal cementry as she was died as a part of royal member.

Meanwhile , Edna stays by prince side all the time . He was feeling guilty. Edna understands him . So , she quitely hold his warm hand . Lee only gaze at their joining hand , saying nothing more .