Chapter 94: An invitation !

Time slipped quitely through the fingers. In a blink of an eye, it was late night again. Another night, passing by quitely.

Emperor of Hui was again walking near the imperial garden before going to take rest for the night. Some of palace eunuch and steward Lu followed him closely, making the surrounding a lot calm.

The silence makes path for them as cold summer breeze keeps on blowing. Unconsciously, Hui Lee walked towards the direction of golden palace. Looking at the direction, where his highness is walking towards, everyone silently looked at each other for a moment.

After all it's strange for everyone. Rumours spread every corner of imperial palace ground that emperor seems to lost his interest on the current empress. They hardly spend some moments with each other. And now .... they silently sighed.

It's not hard to see that the relationship between the empress and emperor is not good. The emperor almost never set foot in the residence of the empress.

It was known that after the new emperor ascended the throne, a luxurious palace was built only for the empress. Rumours says that emperor pretends to take some time for the selection for his empress, but actually he was waiting for the golden palace which especially built for his empress, to finished completely ! It also said that empress was practically imprisoned in that luxurious golden palace. If not, for many years ... why emperor never set his foot there ?

They never thought that emperor would come to empress directly one day, standing infront of the golden palace infront of their eyes. To be honest, they were a little nervous yet excited.

Maybe emperor suddenly considers a sudden visit to golden palace at this moment for some national matters or wishes to spend a night ? They doesn't know. Lowering their head, silently they followed the emperor.

When Hui Lee lifted his head, he was shocked for a moment. Without his consciousness, he walked towards the golden palace. He was startled actually.

Should he pay a visit or walk away .... he is quite unsure. Sighing, he took a decision to visit the empress. Even through it's night, it's not wrong for a husband paying a visit to his wife... right ? Nodding, he reached the entrance of the golden palace and was shocked. For his amazement, the entrance doorway of golden palace was closed already and there seems no maids near by. Glancing at the closed door of golden palace , he paused and seems hesitating.

Sensing the mood of his highness, steward Lu stepped forward instantly,

"Should this subject inform her highness about your majesty's arrival ?"

"No need. Let return back. "

Looking at the tightly closed door of golden palace, Lee pursed his lips. Letting out another sigh, he returned back his journey towards the dragon chamber.

Meanwhile, following close to his highness, steward Lu let out a sigh too. He didn't inform his majesty but he clearly knows that empress has been waiting for him always. When time is passing by, patience also fades away. Slowly she started accepting the fact that his highness never step inside her palace at night and she, stopped waiting for him.

Thinking about those incident, steward Lu could only shook his head. When trust became unstable , expectations turn less, there hopes already emptied everything. Those outcome will creat a joyless hope in one's mind, and soon it will fades away, leaving behind emptiness in life.

****

"Your majesty, you've called this subject."

"Yes. Inform the empress that I want to meet her."