Chapter 21 : Assassin of inside - loneliness

It's been one month since the unexpected death of mother and son due of the Hui royal family. Even more shocking thing is that under nose of imperial guards , body of 3rd Prince Doris had been swaped with some unknown person before his burial . When everyone busy thinking about their loses ,many things happened within this Hui imperial family.

Unknown to everyone, 4th young Prince Hui Yin fall into the lotus lake some day ago too . A drastic tragedy happened within the whole Hui family. According to palace maids , when young Prince was playing , suddenly he slipped and fall into the lake. As he had a very weak body from birth , he is still on a life and death situation. Upon hearing those messy reports , Emperor fall into unknown illness. Empress showed her concern in this matter. As she had appointed more guards for the safety of her only son, second Prince Hui Lee .

Meanwhile , Edna was staying inside her courtyard and recovering from her poison , she heard everything . Recalling her sudden meeting with Prince Doris once , she heaved a sigh of pity .

Upon thinking about his handsome face and teasing look , Edna sighed more.

Poor Prince !

It was a drastic change of his entire life even after being death . Edna never met Consort Fa , but she heard about she being most kind hearted person from imperial palace . Many people worshipped her as goddess ! Edna wanted to visit the royal palace for the funeral of both of the royal members, but Empress had ordered her not to . Even Prince Lee suddenly visited her and requested her to take care of herself as he was going to be busier even more !

Her maid Lily has been teasing her for a long time . As the only remaining son of the Emperor Cong, surely her husband Hui Lee is going to be the Crown Prince . But she was anxious. Anxious for not her position , anxious for her position inside Prince Lee's heart.

How could he insist on her presence while she is unable to provide him nothing !

Concubine Nina is already pregnant with Prince Lee's child , she had no chance to be the future crown princess, according to status . A concubine coming from higher status than the main wife , sooner of later the position of princess consort would change for situation ! She is only a legal wife but hasn't given birth to child yet. She only hopes, Prince will never forget her existence , so that she can still live with remaining glory she has left without any deposition . All she wanted is a little love and protection from her husband. She never greed for position nor wealth ... only wants her husbands protection !

As her man , can't he give her this small importance ?

Soon enough, looking at the old Emperor condition, ministers quickly discussed about the crown prince position . Empress Susan take the lead for this approval personally. Basically everyone agreed on , they had selected 2nd Prince Hui Lee as the new Crown Prince without the direct agreement of Emperor Cong . Basically the situation made them even more desperate to stable the bloodline of imperial family and selecting the heir of crown as soon as possible .

Soon the edict for promoting the 2nd Prince Hui Lee was passed down by the approval of ministry of rites in the court. The entire court supported it while someone not . Many were dissatisfied but they had no other option for refusal. As only remaining Prince , they needs to support Prince Lee , otherwise this empire will fall apart for having no ruler.

As the edict was released, there was naturally nothing more to argue about unnecessarily . Now the next heir was chosen already, everyone stays silent. Because Emperor Cong was seriously ill and needed to urgently finalise his successor's position,so the Crown Prince promotion ceremony was rather rushed.

But Empress Susan had another plan. She set a perfect date for an imperial banquet for her son. After all it's day of her son and he will soon become the Emperor. So, Susan grandly organised the imperial banquet for Crown Prince Hui Lee. No one refused it as the banquet will happen sooner or later.