Chapter 81 : Devastation

Sweating and panting roughly, Hongyi entered the cave. He just wants to slap himself for forgetting about his brothers condition and insist on searching for more wild fruits. Looking at his both full hands, he sighed. Actually he puffed his chest a little bit. Brother Yan always scoled him that he's really delicate. But now he want praises from his brother and he will surely. Slowly a smile bloomed into his lips as he fasten his steps.

" Senior brother, See ... I'm so hardworking. I have collected lot's of woods and some wild berries too. Wait for a moment, you will feel better after eating some berries. You may be hungry by now , but I know it already ... huh . Stop pretending to act strong , eat something first." Hongyi started reporting fast as soon as he enters the cave and put a small basket made of tree leaves which is currently filled with fruits near a corner.

"Aish , you are still stubborn , refusing to say that you are hungry. Right , brother ?" Hongyi started blabbering again as soon as clear out invisible dusts from his hands.

Suddenly feeling of emptiness hits him hard , Hongyi paused his works.

" Senior brother, Are you alright? Oh , you may be fall asleep. " Hongyi muttered slowly, as he started preparing for a small bonfire.

For his discomfort, he was still greeted with silence. His brother always woke up after hearing a single crunch of falling tree branch. But now , he met silence. Quickly he handled the blazing bonfire inside the cave. Due to darkness, he was unable to locate the direction of senior brother Yan. With the help of firelight , he stood up.

Walking near his brother Yan , he was again greeted with silence. He thought that his brother fall asleep. But soon he found something unusual. He smelt a pugment odor near his sleeping brothers side as he step closer. Suddenly a sting hit his heart and he panicked,

" Brother Yan !"

He cried in agony. He thought that his brother fall asleep because of his pain. But it seems other. His brother seems fainted or sleeping deeply .... he was confused.

Hongyi touched Yan's stomach and found it wet. With trembling hand , he noticed his hand covered with blood. His eyes open wider in shock. The blood already soaked Yan's cloths and some of them dried it's own.

Quickly Hongyi checked unconscious Yan under the firelight. Upon his closer look , Yan's body turned pale to the point where is only coldness left. Hongyi step backward in disbelieve. His brother was all well until he left. Moreover, there haven't any herbs left to use. Hongyi felt helpless.

" Brother, brother Yan ? Are you alright ? Please reply to me ." Unable to control his tears , Hongyi cried. If he can , he would check his pulse. But he never learnt about how to check pulse of a person except using some herbs to prevent injuries due to the practice of martial art. Suddenly remembering one important matter , Hongyi immediately put his finger under Yan's nose to check his breath.

He heard once that one can check the breathing of an unconscious person like this way. With a beating heart , he paused for a moment. His hands were shaking and his finger tip lightly touches the cold lips of Yan. Feeling the coldness from the face , Hongyi felt more anxious. Eyes started wandering in fear and he waited patiently.

Finally he sighed in relief, once he feels the slow breathing of Yan ... very faintly but is still there !

While Hongyi lost in his thoughts, the pale man besides him .. slowly opened his blurry eyes. Bit by bit his unfocused eyes looked at Hongyi's direction. Even in the dimmy light of the cave , one could hardly see his clear eyes beneath the sign of paleness.