Chapter 19 : Unreserved feelings

Behind the huge walls of imperial palace , a huge quarrel happened between the empress and emperor again . Empress Susan didn't obey his majesty Emperor Cong's advise . She had personally invited concubine Nina into her palace for some days ago.

When this news reported into the ear of emperor , he was furious. But it's been long already , emperor Cong can't control this empress anymore. It seems like whenever empress wants something, even without the approval of the emperor she will do it anyways. But this time their arguments turned into severe quarrels which resulted empress scolding him back for not thinking for the sake of his future grandson .

And here, with a mere status of concubine, lady Nina took advantage of her situation. She was well treated in the palace , empress made sure of it .

Empress had even forced her to stay beside her son . Her son Hui Lee even became dissatisfied, when he found out his concubine was sleeping inside his private chamber of the royal palace. He instantly wants to returned back to his estate . But Empress had forced him with vows of her life . Unpleasantly, he had end up sharing his room with his concubine, by looking at his mother. He was almost sleeping in dissatisfaction and spending his days like prisoners !

Inside the Moonlight courtyard, Edna was recovering slowly from her poison. Suddenly when Empress invited concubine Nina , she wasn't shocked . She was not even disappointment by rumours about concubine Nina's special treatments . Edna knew that this will surely going to happened one day if she is pregnant with an imperial grandchild . But Edna was feeling suffocated when she heard that both of Prince and Nina were sharing Prince's private chamber in the royal palace. She was unhappy . Even becoming his main wife , she had never step her feet inside that chamber, but as a mere concubine Nina stayed there . They were married almost for one year, yet she was not able to provide the Prince his heir. She is unhappy but never got angry . So , she spend her lonely days inside the second prince estate alone .

She can't fight back. Unlike Nina, her maiden family isn't strong enough. Furthermore, from ancient days, the worth and power of the main wife is known by her capacity of giving birth and raising child. And she is yet to think any of them with her this sickly figure. Hence, Edna end up enduring all her bitterness.

Inside his chamber , Hui Lee was feeling quite disgusted. Shen Nina always tried to held him whenever she sleep besides him with an excuse of her unborn child's comfort . Whenever, Prince discussed his discomfort with Nina openly, Nina played her card and informed him that an unborn child needs his love from both sides of parents. And as a soon-to-be father , prince end up keeping his mouth shut.

One day , she had even faked having a terrific nightmare in order to sleep within Prince arm . Prince couldn't even scold her as his mother warned him already to think more about his heir . He felt like a prisoner , he couldn't do anything ! Sometimes Nina will forcefully kissed him infront of his mother . He felt disgusted but he couldn't do anything again and again . Because for achieving his dream as future ruler, the more he has confidence in himself as well he needs support from his empress mother.

He felt like his whole life is in hold of his mother's both hand . He felt suffocated. He even tried to sleep separately but Nina had secretly informed his mother . His own mother had scolded him badly for an unknown woman .

In the middle of every night , he always thought about Edna . Her smile and her blush always makes him end up smiling as well . At least Edna isn't like Nina , a scheming lady. It's been not long, he started having feelings for his wife and now it feels like his likings for Edna seems like a pretendence because he already accepted a concubine! He thought about going to pay a visit to her , but his mother Empress had even forbid him with many excuses and made him busier . Unexpectedly, he was forced to only concentrate on his unborn child.

Suddenly Flood broke into their rural provinces . Meanwhile, Prince Doris is busy dealing with bandit problems . So , Emperor Cong had ordered Hui Lee. He took that chance and finally freed himself.

Before visiting the flood affected areas , Hui Lee had secretly returned back into his Manor . He directly walked towards Moonlight courtyard. Slowly he stepped inside Edna's chamber, fearing as if he will disturb her ! If Edna looked at him with her those beautiful eyes , he might unwilling to leave her anymore.

Under the dim lights , Edna looked calm and peaceful as she continued sleeping. There was a beauty in the silence and the night . By looking at her sleeping figure, Lee both sighed happily and feel guilty.

He suddenly leaned towards her lightly and gently kissed her forehead. The mild fragrance from her lingered in his nose and made him smiled automatically. 

He slowly moved his lips downwards from her nose, and then to her lips . He kissed lightly on her lips as if he feared to wake her up and disturb this lovely atmosphere. Slowly he lied down beside her, watched her sleep.

Moonlight shinning through the window as he looked at peacefully sleeping Edna . He glanced at her lovely face for some moment before returning back to his mission . He had walked away very quitely, before he couldn't resist his unwillingness.

Meantime , when Prince Lee finally left , slowly Edna opened her both teary eyes . She didn't want to talked with him right now .

She is slightly angry. She's disappointed but what can she do ? How could she expect some attention from her husband while she was yet to give him a child and with this sickly figure, she can't gather her all courage. She wanted to scold him , vent her all frustration, but she choosed to hold altogether. She pretend to fall asleep as soon as Prince came towards her direction. She don't know if her feelings for him is now unreserved in heart or it's still the same ! She had her doubts .

Her eye lashes fluttered slightly and face turned red as Prince Lee's cold lips touches her forhead to her lips after a long time later . She broke into a sad smile by looking at her husband's fading figure. Edna took a deep breath of his familiar scent that was still flooting on the air , she tried to kept it inside her heart deeply . Because she doesn't know ,this time how long will be their next meeting !

****

When Prince went to visit the flooding areas , finally Emperor discussed his concern for concubine Nina with his Empress . It's been one month since Concubine Nina entered the royal palace with an excuse of being pregnant with imperial first grandson . Emperor Cong told Empress about his constant enemies as they were always trying to attacked the royal family. If a mere concubine dares to stay inside the imperial palace, then slowly many were going to barge inside as well.

With this news , they will surely attacked the royal palace. Because Empress herself had broken the rule , forget about etiquettes ! Empress welcomed a lower position  concubine of a certain Prince into the imperial palace without caring about laws of palace . Concubine Nina may be the daughter of Prime minister. But she is married as a 2nd Prince Lee's concubine not as his Princess Consort ! No matter how powerful her background is , ultimately she was married into the imperial family as a concubine of Prince. Even if Empress don't want to consider it ,infront of public and enemies eyes , Edna is the real wife of Prince Lee and it will never change.

Emperor also played his game as he used her son Lee being a target of enemy as he had also broken the palace rule for giving permission towards his concubine by entering this royal palace as she wish . Finally Empress sighed as she understands what Emperor was trying to say . Then she personally returned concubine Nina into her courtyard of her son's estate . Concubine Nina was slightly unhappy and unwilling . Because she is enjoying the special treatment in the royal palace. But minding her attitude, she accepted everything .

Soon Concubine Nina turned into a heavily pregnant woman . Her belly started showing as she turned into sixth month of pregnancy state . Empress still sent her different varieties of nutrients and she had limited her frequent visit into the Prince estate for minding her attitude as the grand Empress of the Hui Empire.

Edna was still forgetting by everyone . She mostly stays inside her courtyard , quitely recovering from her poison .

While the world seems to forget about her existence, she always thought of her husband , who is now staying far from his manor. Praying for his safety and health as many wife could do. And praying for a healthy and sorrowless relationship, married life of them.