Chapter 18 : Concern for whom ?

Empress Susan , on the other hand , after knowing that concubine Shen Nina is pregnant with her first grandchild from her son side , become more concerned for her precious daughter-in-law. Looking at her son and his lack of interest regarding his own concubines pregnancy, she made up her mind that Nina must be brought into the imperial palace. Her son already established his own courtyard outside the palace several years ago and now this terrified her.  Even thinking about that unlucky woman Edna , Empress felt a headache started because of her anxiety .

If Nina stays inside the inner imperial palace, she and her daughter Princess Rubi will be able to provide her best care for to this mother-of-be .

Princess Rubi is excited for becoming an imperial aunt this early . She is really happy for her best friend aka her new sister-in-law. Empress had discussed this matter with her daughter , she even agreed with the Empress. Planning her necessities, Empress broke into a satisfactory smile . All she had hoped that the Emperor would be able to consider it .

" No ."

The Emperor refused it instantly. When he found out that his 2nd son Hui Lee's concubine was carring his first grandchild, he had been overjoyed by the news . When his Empress had expressed her concern and proposed to have Prime ministers daughter live within the inner palace so that she could ensure the young woman's safe pregnancy, he had agreed first . Later thinking about vicious mind of his Empress , he doubted something will be surely behind this Empress concern . It's not that easy . So , he refused .

" Your Highness, consider it again . That's about first grandchild of tenth generation of this Hui imperial family . And Li Edna doesn't seems to have any experience as a mistress of 2nd Prince manor. Furthermore, concubine Nina is inexperienced. She will suffer there more with her child ." Empress forced more .

Emperor Cong smirked suddenly. Oh , so it's related with Li Edna ? That's why Empress is so desperate . Instead of Princess Consort Edna , concubine Nina turned out to be pregnant. So, Empress is definitely worried about her precious daughter-in-law concubine Nina . After all , Li Edna isn't her choice of daughter-in-law.

Emperor knows everything. Even knew that this concubine Nina had poisoned Li Edna sometimes ago . He refused to believe that Empress is innocent for this matter . He wanted to test his 2nd son's behaviour regarding this matter , but he felt disappointment that he simply investigate the poisoning incident of his estate without any proper methods . Even unable to control his estate, he choosed to ran away always. Duties are duties, but he married two girls as his woman. He should at least take care of them properly , giving equal of his attention , instead he choosed to leave and let a concubine take control of his estate by her power from family.

Emperor choosed to closed his mouth regarding this matter . Because of his greed , this innocent girl Edna was suffering much . If he granted this request, don't know what will this Empress will do again.

The Empress again wanted to speak something but Emperor Cong stopped her with a slight wave of his hand .

With a swelling mood , Empress returned back to her palace. Suddenly she thought of using her daughter. So , she again pushed her daughter Princess Rubi instead of her for getting approval of the Emperor. Again Princess Rubi requested her father Emperor with excuses for his good long-term relationship with Prime minister Shen . Now her best friend is pregnant with her big brothers child , she is worried about her health . She even said that she is worried about losing her family's face infront of Prime ministers family.

Emperor was silently listening to everything she speaks . He knew who taught her everything. His daughter was speaking whatever her mother had taught her . His this youngest daughter might have simple mind with a great personality , but she became widow in a young age ,he sighed. But like mother like daughter, she will definitely say whatever her mother wants . Emperor only replied his imperial 5th Princess to returned back and take some rest . Again , like her mother , she returns back with a gloomy expression.

Emperor Hui Cong sighed as he looked at the beautiful wooden shelter of his study room . He remembered clearly that his friend Prime minister Shen Hong had always help him from his early stages of being Crown Prince. That time, Shen Hong only appeared in the imperial examination and he was young. Even being much younger than him , Shen Hong always regard him as a close friend. But he knew , his scheming Empress wanted to support her son Prince Lee. Actually he is greatly satisfied with his this good for nothing son . He found out that he is quite good at investigating some difficulty topics . He started to like his attitude, still he lack in some things to be a perfect crown prince !

Hui Cong suddenly thought about his dearest Consort Fa . She is his first love . His late mother Empress had liked her too . With her attitude, she is quite suitable for being the grand Empress of his Empire . Just for scheming and greed for Empress position , Susan had destroyed everything . Emperor eyes turned cold suddenly.

During the days, when he was made up his mind for choosing his Meng Fa as the Empress , suddenly both Meng Fa and Su San carried his child . So, he had delayed choosing for his Empress position . That's what he did wrong .

Within this period Su San had been successful to poisoning Meng Fa and make both mother and child in a dangerous position . So , her pregnancy process painfully delayed for poison and Su San give birth to her Son - Hui Lee . Because Meng Fa was in critical position for almost 1 year during her pregnancy , with the help of her powerful family and royal court members, Su San became the Empress . After Concubine Mei's betrayal, Emperor even doubted about his daughter Princess Rubi being his own daughter or not ! Because of his hatred , he had never touched this women - Su San . But everyone said that Rubi looks like him , so he had to believe it . After finding out the culprit behind poisoning his Meng Fa , his hatred grow even more . Still he couldn't do anything against his Empress for some unknown source of power.

Thinking about his 3rd son - Hui Doris, Emperor Cong smiled. He is a good child and his personal choice of Crown prince. He is so good like Cole ! He will never forget his Cole . But his this son Doris resemble much with Cole . He had good attitude and patience. Doris had even help him during the bandits problems from other empire . He developed many irrigational sources for helping the poor citizen . Whenever river Reu gives problem , he will made sure to help everyone . He had recently proposed for building a river dam for helping those flood affected areas every year . Doris is really good candidate. By looking at his growing popularity and love from the all peoples , Emperor made up his mind to make him his future Emperor. For that he needs to protect him secretly. Quickly Emperor ordered his guards for looking after him . But it's already too late !

Empress Susan had already planned out everything . Unknown to everyone , somewhere Prince Doris sneezed suddenly.

Something big will again happen within this royal family , which will changed the fate of whole Empire . The whole Hui Empire is in the hand of grand Empress Susan , without anyones knowledge !