Chapter 18: Jake's Girl

A/N: So, today is really special. (: also, thinking of working on a new fan fic but don't know which celebrity it should be for. comment or send a message for your opinion!

Song: Remember When- Avril Lavigne

* * *

Chapter 18: Jake's Girl

Leo finally landed home and Kat dropped me off home. As I slumped onto the couch, I felt my phone vibrate. I picked it up and realized that it was a text from Leo, himself.

Leo. (: - hey, Maddie. Long time no see!

I chuckled and decided to reply:

Me - hey, Leo. Ik it has been! we should hang out again sometime. (:

I turned my phone after a few minutes of no replying back. Suddenly, the doorbell rang so I rise from the couch and peeked through the little window beside the door. There standing was the person that I had been waiting for throughout the whole day.

A smile curved on my lips but dropped as I saw next to him... Acacia. I groaned and propped myself up to a straight position. I put on a fake smile and opened the door. "Hey, you guys!" I say.

"Maddie!" Jake says, putting on a fake smile, too, "Hey! Um... this is Acacia Williams. Acacia, this is my real girlfriend, Maddie; Maddie Owens." I smiled and shook her hand as she shook mine too.

"Hey, Maddie," She exclaimed with a bubbly tone, "It's nice to finally meet you! Throughout our whole fake date, Jake was talking nonstop about you! You even look prettier in person."

I scoffed, "Thank you! Same goes to you." I beckoned them inside and they sit on the couch near the living room.

Coming downstairs was Nikole with little Angie. She stopped in her tracks and started shaking. "Oh my gosh, is that the Acacia Williams?!" Acacia nodded and stood up, walking toward fetus Angie.

"Jake, is this your baby? Yours and Maddie's; the one that I kept seeing in the tabloids two days ago?" Acacia asked. She tickled its sides and Angie started laughing.

I don't get it. Acacia seemed so nice in person! Well, not nice, but more like bubbly and bright. Maybe Jake had mistaken her for her moodiness. However, if Jake says she stuck up, and not just him but others too, then is Acacia really who she is?

Nikole handeed Acacia Angie and she took her to the leather bean bag by the fireplace. I sat down next to Jake and gave him a confusing look. First off, why is Acacia even here?

I take Jake's hand and ask him, "Hey, Jake, can I see you in the hallway upstairs please?"

Without finishing his sentence, I brought him up the stairs. Being in the kitchen just next door means everyone can still hear what you say!

The hallway was dim, which kind of frightens me at the moment. The flashback of the afterparty then flashes in my mind. I shook my head off of it, knowing that he wouldn't make the same mistake again. He promised.

Jake looks around, confused. He asks me, "What?"

"Why is Acacia here?" I ask, "And she seems so bubbly and nice! Why are you lying to me that she's so cruel? She looks so sweet."

"I didn't mean to bring her here," He answers, "She wanted to meet me, since I had to leave her. But I'm not kidding about the cruel part! She can be such a bi-"

I put a hand over his mouth, "Don't, they can probably hear us downstairs."

Jake sighs and throws his hands in the air. "I'm just saying the truth, though."

I wince as I saw his hand in the air, looking as if he was about to hit my face. I then ask, "When is she leaving?"

"Soon. Until she gets bored, which is-" Jake then got interrupted by the girl's voice downstairs. "Jake, I'm leaving!"

He pointed down the stairs and said, "We should go." I nodded and walked down. I frowned at my feelings. Jake and I weren't supposed to be like this. None of this wasn't supposed to be like this. Maybe Jake and I weren't meant to be but who knows, maybe tonight will change something that I wouldn't expect!

There, there was Acacia at the door, waving a goodbye. "Oh, hold on, Maddie, can I speak to you?"

I nodded and said, "Sure! Outside?"

"Yes, please!" She kept that Barbie smile on her face until she closed the front door behind me. Soon after that, her smile dropped. "Umm... Is something wrong?"

She turned to me slowly and gave me a glare. "Who do you think you are?" She asks coldly. Then, the confusing moment then came back to me.

"Excuse me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"You!" She exclaimed, point her finger to me and poking my chest, "Why are you stealing my boyfriend? Can't you see he is trying to do his job?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, gettin frustrated, "I know he is doing his job, but that doesn't mean he still needs to be your boyfriend off the cameras. He was my official boyfriend before you came in!"

Acacia was then taken back. She scoffed and retorted, "Well, little whore, he's mine now. For our fame, we need to rise and us being back together is a great storyline for everyone to read! Everything is going completely great until you showed up."

I was appauled by her words, "You're like... a friggin cockblock! Why does he even love you? You're fat, ugly, untalented from what I saw on Tales of Sebastian. I bet he is just faking it because he feels so bad for you right now!"

A tear shed from me and I looked down. "Aw," Acacia continued, "Is little Owens crying now? Thought so. Listen here, back away from him. Because you cannot fit in this little relationship. You just create a mess and problems. Break up with him and let him do his job. He needs the fame, and so do I. If this doesn't happen, watch me demolish him for eternity. Okay?"

She pats my head and walks to her car. Before she enters, she says in a girly tone, "Peace out, girl scout!" After that, she drove away.

Maybe she is right. I am creating problems for him and Acacia. I mean, he is getting frustrated, and if you see the equation, it all leads up to the problem of me. He had to leave Acacia because of me. He is getting scandals because of me. He's becoming this mixed up boy that I never knew.

I walked inside and Nikole gets up from the couch. She takes little Angie in her arms and said, "Well, I'll go take little Angie out for a drive while you two settle things." She then passed by me and nudged me in the arm.

She whispered, "Make your move." With that, she winked and walked out the door.

I sigh and look at Jake. He has that worried smile on his face as he motions me to come sit next to him on the couch. I lay down beside him to his chest. This felt so wrong for me, to be cuddling with him at this time of night.

I just couldn't love him like I used to anymore.

Jake strokes my hair and whispered in my ear, "I have something for you." Our eyes meet and I raise my eyebrow.

He scoffs with that cheeky smile, "Don't give me that look! Here." He extends his arms to reach something behind the couch. There, he pulls out a brown stuffed teddy bear with a heart in the upper right of its chest. There, stitched, read, "J ∞ M".

My motuh agaped and I exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, Jake! This is so cute, I love it!"

He chuckled, "I figured that now I have to be with Acacia more often, I should give you something to remind you of me. So, I thought of your favorite- a teddy bear!" I laughed and gave him a quick kiss on the nose.

"I love it," I say as our foreheads press together, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," He says. Then, he carries me bridal style, "Come on, I have a loong day tomorrow with Acacia and you have homeschooling at the studio! We should take a rest." 

I hugged onto the teddy bear and thought, How can I ever leave Jake alone? I guess there is no choice.

* * *

Author's note is upcoming and posted in a few minutes. Hope you enjoyed this chapter? Idk what to say. :p