Chapter 11: Awkward.

A/N: idk why i sometimes have writer's block .____.

song: The Naked and Famous- Young Blood

* * *

Chapter 11: Awkward.

Jake T. Austin

I wake up blearily, feeling so numb. I groan when I felt a pain shooting through my head. I felt so dizzy, and so confused. Where am I?

I get up, leaning on my elbows, examining the room. All I know is is that I am not at home, nor at the party anymore! Wait, what happened at the party? Worry started rising in me. All I could remember was going inside the party with Maddie, then some girls came up to me, wanting to dance. They then saw Maddie and wanted to have fun talk with her, so I went to the bar.

"What can I get you sir?" The bar man asked.

"One whiskey with ice, please." I pulled out my wallet and pulled out my money, slamming it onto the counter. The bar man hands me my drink and I begin to gulp it down before anyone like Joel or Kat notices. My head then began to throb a little, throat stinging from the beverage.

I walked down onto the dance floor and spotted Maddie in the crowd. She is god damn beautiful, I thought. The way she was moving in the dance floor and her in that nice dress. She didn't look fat and it frustrates me how she thinks that. I started walking to her.

My eyes widen. What happened after that? Worries started filling up once more. I get up from the bed, ignoring the pain inside. I walk out of the room and realize that this is Joel's place. I tip toe down the staircase and search for any sign of Maddie.

Downstairs, there I see her, wrapped up with a blanket on the couch. Makeup was worn off of her and she was in a white tee. I brushed back a lock of her brown hair and her face glowed in the dim light. She turned around, which made me flinch.

I leaned down to look at her once more until she got up, foreheads colliding.

Maddie Owens

"Ow!" I yell. I rub my temples and look up to see Jake. Oh no.

"Oh no, get away from me!" I breathed. I immediately ran away from him, hearing his footsteps following me. I run to the kitchen, the backyard, the hallways, and as I run up the stairs, I get caught.

His arms wrap around me tightly, spinning me around in a circle. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I need to know what I did to you last night," He answered, "I don't remember anything after I started walking to you!"

 I stuttered, not knowing this would happen. "Well, it ain't a good thing, that's for sure!" I said. He let go of my grip and sighed. He tangled his fingers in his oily messy hair and asked, "Really?" I nodded. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I was drunk."

"Of course." I muttered with an eye roll.

"It's true!" Jake said, "You even thought and assumed I was, did you?"

"Yeah but here is something I should say about it," I point my finger at him, "I told you so! I told you you shouldn't drink and look where that got you."

Jake sighed and slumped his shoulders. "I'm sorry, okay?" He said, giving me a puppy look.

"What is going on down here?" I hear Kat from upstairs whining, "You guys sound like some old couple arguing over something stupid-" Her sight finally spotted on the two of us and a flashback of last night passed through her mind, "Oh. Sorry if I'm making things awkward for you guys! I'll just be..." She didn't say anything else, but run back up the stairs.

I looked at Jake and crossed my arms. "What do we do now?" I ask.

He shrugged and replied, "I'm hoping we can put this behind us. Can we?"

I motioned him to come sit next to me on the couch. A moment of silence was filling the air as a tragic memory flashes through my mind. "Did you know I was once abused?" I asked.

Jake's eyes widened and he said, "What? No! How? Why?"

He wrapped his arms around me to an embraces and he said, "Tell me. Now."

I started to explain, "It was from my father. He was up to no good, as always. He cheated on my mom and now he is full of regrets. He started drinking and everything and when it was time for his visitation from me to start, he was just nonstop... mad. Crazy. And a psycho! He beated me up multiple nights when he came home drunk from either his office or from the bar on his way home. It's been so painful for me, physically and emotionally! Jake, I felt violated and after what happened last night, memories like that are gonna come flooding my brain once more."

No response came. I look up to see Jake's face red. "I'm sorry, Madddie," He said, "I didn't mean it! I promie I will stop drinking until I'm officially old enough then. For you."

I gasped inside, not knowing for this intention. "Really?" I ask. He nods with a lopsided smirk, "You don't think the Jake T. Austin can do it? Bring it on then!'

I chuckled and replied, "I don't know! There are a lot of things that you are good at and things where you are just plain stupid like a failure." He rolled his eyes and laughed. "I promise if we put last night behind us. Deal?"

I nodded, "Deal." We wrapped each other's pinkies around each other. Jake laughed, "I feel like a child right now. Guys like me don't do this kind of stuff!" I rolled my eyes and said, "Well, then be ready to mature up and change!"

* * *

A/N: So Jake does have a sweet sensitive side! Yeah, I fail at making him seem like a playing kind of jerk or somewhat like it. Anywhoo, check out my new story, Ill Mental, to see another writer's side of me. (: no judging!