Chapter 10: On The Red Carpet

A/N: I'm not good at all the high content, just saying once again.

Song: identified- vanessa hudgens

* * *

Chapter 10: On The Red Carpet

Maddie Owens

"Come on, Maddie, you're gorgeous!" Sammy reassured to me. Finally she comes instead of last night's movie. She placed on a nice diamond necklace along my neck, feeling the coldness of the jewels sting onto my skin.

"I don't know..." I say, unsure, "Isn't it a bit too much?" Nikole groaned, "Maddie, you're going to be on the carpet! You have to look somewhat like this!" She gestured over my body.

I looked down at my own dress, which was a black, high low dress from the knee to below, with a white collar. Along with it was a white thin belt and a pair of white three inch heels. 

"What about my scars?" I ask. I look down at my left arm, watching the stack of scars aligned up.

Sammy dug inside her big makeup carry on box, taking out a brush and foundation. "It's for the best." She said. Of course, because it stings. I froze, shivering a little.

I gave in, extending my arm out. Sammy dabs some foundation onto my scarred arm. Pain electrified me, making me cringe. Sammy then spreads it around lightly with the brush. After a few minutes, I look down and see my arm, clear like I haven't scarred myself a year ago.

"Thanks." I mumble. Sammy only returns a friendly grin. Nikole sits up from the guest bed and says, "Alright, walk to me in those heels!"

I hesitated, then took a few steps toward her, with Sammy by my side. I stumble at my first step but then other than that, I got used to walking in them. "I'm doing it," I exclaim, "I'm actually walking in heels!"

Sammy and Nikole applauded amusingly to me. Suddenly, the door opened. "What's with all the clapping?" Alfredo asks. He then takes a look at me and says, "Woah, Maddie, you look nice!"

I chuckled, "Thanks. Where's Jake?" Alfredo pointed to the back, "Waiting for you outside. You guys are leaving now!" I nodded and grabbed my purse. "Byee!" I said to them. They waved at me, "Good luck!"

"Have fun on your date!" Alfredo coughed. I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." Jake said from behind me.

I looked up at his clear tan face, glinting. He gave me a foolish grin and extended his arm to me, saying, "Come on, my lady, we should get going!" I giggled and took on the gesture.

I froze with my breath taken away. In front of my eyes was a limo, and a chauffeur waiting in front of the doors. He opened it with a friendly smile, escorting us inside. We both sit down next to each other on the black leather seats, looking around the whole space and mini fridge of drinks. Vodka, alcohol, champagne, soda, and water were aligned inside.

"You drink?" I ask. He nods a little bit. "But aren't you underaged?" I asked. He shrugs, "My friends do it too. So you have nothing to worry about unless you get a little doozy." I cringed, "You shouldn't do it because your other friends do. Be the big person in the situation!" Jake just waved it off.

I shake my head and then realized the limo had stopped moving. "What ha—" Before I can finish my sentence, the limo door opens and two people come in. "Heeey, Ja–" A blonde girl exclaimed until she caught my eye. She looked familiar...

"Oh hey," She said, smiling, "You're the girl from Disneyland! I'm Kat McNamara." She sits down and shakes my hand. Kat?

"Wait," I say, "Aren't you the girl who kissed Jake in the movie, 'New Year's Eve?', besides Abigail Breslin?" She nods her head, keeping up that smile.