THIRTY-EIGHT

REN
"Local women, Danielle Jackson was shot and killed by police after they claimed she reached for a gun in her glove compartment. No gun was found on the scene..."

"At least they got the motherfuckers on video"

"No...that's one of Miss C's workers at the salon. They took her"

Alex said with tears brimming her eyes.
Everyone was here at the studio including the girls. Alex was here as well, I guess she wasn't going until she's ready to get back on a plane.

"They'll get there time don't you worry girls", Jerry said to them.

No. We all know they won't. It will probably just be another 'accident'. I'm sick of this shit. We really need to do something cause clearly nothing ain't never gonna happen.

"Look I honestly think that we should take all this hurt that's amongst us and do the right thing, and that's taking it back into the streets. Go to the police and protest", I said.

"Oh so you want to give the police a reason to do even more damage." I looked at Jerry and tilted my head.

"Since when do we need to give em a reason. You just heard the news, and I bet you by tomorrow another black person will get killed"

"Yeah then they wanna say 'unfortunate mistake'", E backs me up.

"I'm with Ren. You know how the story is all the time: a cop gets smacked on the wrist then it's over", Alex says getting up from the spot she was sitting in.

"If we stay quiet, they'll think it's okay with us, and it's NOT ok", I hear Simone.

"Of course it's not-"

"Right we need to be going out onto the police station and demand justice."

"Hell yeah im wit it", the guys agree

"Yall should perform Fuck Tha Police too"
The guys and I all got hyped up.

"Yea you three should sing as well."

They all scoff. Simone gets up from her spot to stand with me.

"Nope. Not doing that"

"Why not?"

"Because it's not about us"

"I'm pretty sure it's more than that" E says looking at all three of the girls. Alex and Simone haven't even said a word to Star ever since they got here.

"Ya know what? How long are y'all gonna keep this up? Y'all not getting bored?", Star says to them obviously annoyed by them both ignoring her.

Simone sighs and finally looks at her sister, folding her arms across her chest.

"What's up, Star?"

"Look the guys are right. We should sing at the protest. Not for us but for Carlotta. That was her bestfriend, who knows what Miss Carlotta is going through now"

The girls just stared at her and said nothing.

"Look just do this and y'all don't ever have to talk to me ever again, if that's what you want"

"Stars right. Your group should sing. Look Star is outta her mind..." Star just looks at me with a wtf look on her face.

"... but she's down"

"Come on baby just sing. Keep it a hunnid", I said grabbing onto simones hips and turning her to me. I looked into her eyes and saw a smirk forming on her face.

"You wanna move the people?"

Simone looks at Alex and star. They all nodded.

"We'll do it"