TWENTY-NINE

Simone
"How bout this? Tell us how you guys met."

The interviewer asked us. Our album finally came out and now E got us a interview with the press.
All the guys were standing behind the cameras while us girls were sitting down. I had to sit in between star and Alex cause of what happened last time.

"How we met? Huuh", Star smiled

"We were born...out the same...", I started off looking at the interviewer

"We were born from the same womb", Star says and Alex and I and the guys laugh quietly.

"We've told this story so many times, but I was doing covers of songs yanno just performing on the corners of street and I was hoping that I would meet a dope songwriter. That's how I met Alex."

Alex spoke after

"Yeah. I wasn't as confident in my music as I am now. But Star was one of the first people that made me feel like I could make it in the industry."

"And of course we have to thank the guys of NWA especially E and Dre for discovering us and making us who we are today", I spoke while we all smiled at the guys.

"That's dope. You guys got a lot of individual success as well as a group success."
The interviewer says to us. We smiled softly at him and then Star nudged me as he mentioned Alex's name.

"Alex, I'm checking out one of your songs with the Ice Cube. I think it's literally so sick. And Star, 'There For You', that thing is blazing up the charts like wildfire. It's very revealing."

I looked at Star and then Alex and we all look uncomfortable.

"A lot of people love to see girl groups rip each other apart. But there's no beef lie", Alex tells the interviewer the biggest lie ever.

But we all agreed with her.

"I'm a fan. I love to hear that, especially since word is that Stars 'There For You' just hit over seven million downloads. Congratulations Star", they to her.

Me and Alex smile at her. The guys sighed since they know wassup.

"Hmm", Alex says under breath so that only we hear her.
——————
"You have some nerve walking up in here knowing very well what you did was low", Star storms up to Jerry.

We all looked at them confusingly.

"I told you not to release it"

"Look you said that you had some things to get off your chest and you did and now it's struck gold, so you should be thanking me." Jerry said with that creepy smile on his face.

"You're just up in everything now huh"

"No not anymore. I'm just helping you out. I mean, you got a lot going on. Losing your mother at a young age. I mean does Simone even know what happene-"

Star slaps Jerry across the face.

"Keep my mother's name out your mouth. Look it's bad enough you already came between me and the girls but if you do something that will make me lose my sister, me and you are gonna have a problem. Try me, bitch." She turned and walked out angry as ever.

Jerry then walked out the other way while the guys just sat down with Alex. I sat down with ren and he put his arm around my shoulders.

"You not gonna check on her?" E asked.

"I'm just gonna let her cool down for a bit"

They all nodded.
——————
*3 days later*
Me, ren and E arrived at label and when we walked in, we saw star doing a shoot but by herself.

I got angry and just stormed up to where the camera was.

I pushed over the tripod that was next to me onto the floor purposely and innocently smiled at the camera man.

"Break time" I said to them.

The boys chucked. I turned to them and told them to go a head and I'll catch up with them. E nodded and walked off and ren came up to me and kissed my forehead. I smiled up at him and watched him walk off.

I turned to star.

"Since when were you doing solo shoots?"

"When Alex was doing all of her solo stuff, you kept saying it would help Take 3. What's the difference now Simone?"

"Alex didn't put out a diss track"

"We're finally getting everything we wanted. Yeah, the track is working so I'm doing what I can to help us."

"There you go again, trying to save me. Look you should save your damn self."

I walked off and kicked the tripod.

"It's for mama too", I hear her say quietly but I still heard it.

I turned back around and looked at her in disbelief

"This has nothing to do with mama."

"Yes it does. I got to do what she couldn't..."

Tears started to well up in her eyes.

"Cause I'm the one who killed her"

Now she was going too far.

"Stop, Star you didn't kill her. The drugs did."

"She said she needed medicine so I gave it to her. But it jus seemed like she was getting worse, so I gave her more. And she died."

So this is what Jerry was talking about the other day.

I felt a tear run down my face.

"I've been trying to find a way to tell you"

"Yea because you think that I'm some broken kid that can't handle them self. But I can. And I ain't gonna hold it against you what happened between you and mama. You were a kid, but you need to let it go", I turned to walk up to the studio.

"I can still see her dying Simone"

"Let it go, Star. It's a choice to be broken"

I left her there and went up to where the guys at.

I opened the door and E and ren were just there. Ren was in the booth. They didn't even know that I walked in.

I sat down still sad about what Star told me. I mean I get that she's going through a lot but what about me. I went through so much and it was like she was never there. All she cared about was her music career.

The thought of mama dying made me tear up. Next thing you know I start sniffing and more tears start to flow down my face.

Ren stopped rapping his part and I looked up to see why he stopped and he was looking straight at me with worry all on his face.

E seemed to notice as well and he got up to sit next to me. Ren came outta the booth and sat on the other side of me.

"You okay?", E asked me.

I shaked my head and continued to cry. Ren pulled me into his chest and rubbed my back. E just grabbed my hand and just held it.

They stayed with me until the other guys arrived. They had to go back to work. I fell asleep on rens chest and he kissed my forehead and later me down on the couch while he goes back to work.
"I love you baby", I heard him say.

Vote and comment for more:)