TEN

Simone
"Star we need to figure out what song we gonna perform ?", Alex and I says with a groan.

Star crosses her arms "I'm not singing my mother's song".

I rolled my eyes "OUR mother actually and
Cmon Star" Alex nodded "it's dope in all the right places" we tried to reason with her.

"Get over the issues you have with your mother", Alex tells Star. Uh Oh. Star then gives Alex this deadly stare that tells you that she's pissed.

Star took a moment and finally answers. "I hate her ass. I hate how she left us and I'm not tryna sing one of her songs. Quit pushing me". She ran upstairs.

Alex then walks outside and leaves me. I sighed loudly. Miss Carlotta walks in and sees me.

"Girl what's wrong witchu"

"Me and Alex really want the song that my mama sang but Star being... Star, she doesn't want to", I said to her honestly as I went and plopped down on the chair in the salon.

"Don't worry Simone, she'll come around" as she patted my shoulder.

"Really?" I turned to her.

"Yes Simone. Your sister is exactly like your mother I tell you. Stubborn as hell but they'll always come around don't you worry honey. Now where's Alex?", I hugged her and then pointed outside to where Alex was.
————————
One week later

The auditions were today and let's just say that yo girl was nervous as hell. Oh yea and Star finally decided to do mamas song. I guess miss Carlotta talked some sense into her.

Jerry and E were backstage with us just wishing us good luck while the rest of the boys were in the crowd along with miss Carlotta.

It was our turn now.

We walked onto the stage and all we hear is loots from the boys. I started to feel nervous all of a sudden. I looked through the crowd and a familiar brown eyes caught mine. He noticed how nervous I was and he told me to breathe and smiled at me with a thumbs up.

"Driving by the park tonight
I was stopping at the light,
And you reminded me of all those days", Star started off.

"Posted at the coffee shop
We would sit and talk for hours
Never thought in a million years things would change", Alex sang next.

"Tied to my heart
Like a kite to a string
I'd follow you where the world would blow", I sang with so much confidence. We were busting out the choreography we learnt and we were definitely killing it.

We then continued to sing the next verse which was the verse that our mama sang in the tape. Man i can already feel how proud she is of Star and I. Star sounded exactly like mama and no one can deny that.

We finished off and everyone was clapping and you can hear cheers and lots from the boys themselves. I looked at Ren and he was smiling widely at me and I returned it back.  We walked backstage and hugged each other and then went to hug E and Jerry. They cheered us and told us that we did amazing.

"Girls the song was amazing, Mary would be very proud of y'all", Miss Carlotta tells all three of us. We smiled back at her and told her thank you.

"Mama did have a great voice", Star said while everyone nodded.

Soon the boys walked backstage to us. Cube ran to Alex and hugged her. Dre did the same with Star. I looked at Ren and hugged him as well. He was telling me how good we all did.

Miss Carlotta then walks past the boys and points to them "don't keep her out too late", referring to me

The boys stepped back and said yes ma'am at the same time. I laughed once again and hugged my girls again.
————————
Few days later

The girls were helping get ready for my date with Ren.

Ren has been the best thing about this whole music thing. He would help me with my lyrics and in return I would him with his. He even helped me with my homework but then we both would give up and give it to Cube to do.

But anyways I was wearing something really simple. Grey shirt with black jeans and of course my plaid shirts on top. And I also straighten my hair just for a change and a beanie on top. I finished it off with my black and white vans. SIMPLE

"oh my god, you guys", Alex says to Star and I staring at the paper she opened from the mail.

"what?"

"We made it, to the top 20 were the finalist", she finally tells us and all stood up and started squealing.

Man I can't wait to tell Ren.

Just then the phone starts ringing.

I went to go answer it while the girls were still in disbelief that we made it.

"Hi can you call back tomorrow?" I asked the person that's on the line.

"Simone, have you seen your father? He left a couple weeks ago and nobody has seen him since and I'm really worried". I instantly froze at the sound of my foster mother asking me wheres the man that Star apparently didn't kill. I hang up.

It then started ringing and I walked up to the girls and told them not to answer.

I sat down and stared into space until Alex told me that Ren was here.

I walked to the door and see that he's wearing his usual black clothes topped off with a Compton hat. He still looks good as ever.

We hugged each other and then got into the car.

I wanted to tell Ren what's going on about everything but I just can't. Not until I'm ready.

Vote and comment for more please:)

Exactly what Ren was wearing but just imagine that the hat said compton😌👍🏾