TWENTY-EIGHT

NO ONES POV
"This group is falling apart and I'm the only one who cares", Star says as she walks into the studio where Dre and Jerry is.

"It's my whole life, and they act like they could do this without me."

Dre sighs then walks out while Jerry turns to look at Star.

"Star, look..." Jerry plays a beat that Dre made up a while back but nobody really wanted it.

"Take it to the booth."

Star is hesitant but she still went into the booth. She put the headphones on and Jerry plays the track. What everybody doesn't know is that the song she is about to record is a diss track towards Take 3.

"I was there for you bitches", Star finishes off.

"That felt good right?", Jerry exclaims to Star.

"Yea did it sound good"

"Are you kidding me listen..." Jerry plays the track.

Star listens to it and nods to the beat.

"That right there was raw and fresh. And who knew you had bars" they both laughed.

"Look Jerry, it sounds good but I didn't come in here for this, I came in here to vent, to get some stuff off my chest not record a diss track", Star says.

"Star, diss tracks have launched many careers and beside, you need to let everybody know that Alex ain't the only one that has talent", Jerry explains.

"That's what they think?"

Jerry nodded.

Star scoffs. She took a minute to answer

She nodded as she finally came up with an answer. "Drop it"
———————
"Hey mama", Simone walks up to the grave of her and stars mother. Right beside her is Star and Alex. They all stand in front of the grave and just stare upon it.

"It's been 10 years since you've passed, and there's never a moment that goes past where I don't think about you mama. I love you.", Simone finishes off and looks to Star.

Star sighs. "Hey mama"

"Simone and I miss you very much. At first I was so angry at you for leaving us but then we found miss Carlotta and she helps us with everything. She even tells us stories about you...", tears fall down stars face as she talks to her mama and Simone and Alex comfort her.

They all say goodbye to miss Davis and walked back home. It was an awkward silence the whole way until Simone spoke up.

"Why can't we just fix this guys? I hate seeing both of y'all fight and argue? Can't we just go back to the way it was before?", Simone talks to both of them.

They both sigh and took there time to answer.

"Like the time when y'all both met for the first time"

Alex chuckled. Simone and star look at her.

"You became the sister I never had...", Alex admits to Star.