TWELVE

Simone
It's been 2 weeks since child services took me back.
They didn't put me back into foster care but instead they took me to juvie.

*Flashback*

"Simone, Otis is dead"

I instantly froze. I didn't know whether to be shocked or thrilled that the guy that raped me ever since I was 14 was dead.

"What happened", I asked

"I don't know but... they found his body dug up somewhere"

"I can't believe this is happening", I said still in shock.

"The police isn't telling too much. They actually think that someone in miss browns house might be the one that murdered him"

No. Miss Carlotta wouldn't do that. Would she?

"This won't go away Simone, you need to talk to me", Juanita tells me.

I didn't say anything.

She sighs "Otis was last seen in Atlanta, when was the last time you saw him?".

I kept staring at the table in front of me. The last time I saw was the day Star stabbed him. But the thing is that we didn't bury him anywhere, we just left him.

She told me that miss Carlotta might have been involved in this. I didn't want anyone to be involved in my mess.

"Nobody did nothing, so I did", I finally managed to say.

Juanita tilts her head and looks at me in confusion. "What are you tryna say Simone?"

"I killed Otis"

*flashback over*

I didn't kill Otis.

I only said so they don't have to try and pin it on miss Carlotta.

Anyways, Star is coming to pick me up from this stupid juvenile delinquent center.

Yea I can leave whenever someone comes picks me up but I have to come back by 10pm cause that's the curfew. I hated it in here.

I was excited to see Star and miss Carlotta and the rest. Especially Ren.

I haven't seen him since that day I confessed to 'killing' Otis. He was waiting outside with Star and Alex and soon as he saw me he immediately jumped out of seat and ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

I smiled at the thought then put out the weed I was smoking. The girl next to my room was giving it out so I wanted some.

I walked to the front desk looking excited as I saw Star standing there.

I grabbed the pen on desk and smiled at the security guard that was sitting there "signing out" with a smirk on my face.

"Be back by 10:00pm, Davis. Don't make me call the cops" she told me as I dropped the pen and went to hug Star.