Drunk 2

I am sooo sorry it has taken me so long to write this part two but here you go! more stories coming soon BTW!- V xo

"You don't need to apologise Y/N. You're hurting, it's your first heartbreak and it's painful. But it's only temporary, you'll heal and be stronger. It's not your fault."

You sigh, knowing Shawn's right. It isn't your fault.

"Let's enjoy Christmas, okay?"

You nod, giving him a small smile.

Christmas flew by and suddenly tomorrow is NYE. You'd spent some time with your friends and family over Christmas and your heart was gently feeling less ruined. You'd managed to go at least 4 hours without crying, but NYE is your anniversary. You've been anxious about it, worried about how you'll feel on the day. Will you be upset? Angry? Disappointed in yourself?

"Y/N?"

You turn your head to see Shawn standing in the doorway, he's leaning on the frame, arms crossed over his wide chest. He's dressed in grey sweats and one of his old tour hoodies. He's looking at you like he's expecting an answer.

"Sorry?"

"I asked you if you wanted to come out tomorrow. Ryan's having a get together, just a couple of people over for New Years, you down?"

You sigh, Shawn doesn't know, how could he? He's been trying so hard to get you to come out and sometimes you say yes, just to show that you appreciate how much he cares.

"I don't think so, but thanks."

"Y/N, you've been hiding up here all day, what's wrong?" Shawn flops down on the bean bag next to you and runs a hand through his hair.

You chew your lip in anticipation.

"It's our anniversary tomorrow, mine and Josh's."

Shawn nods but says nothing.

"I just, I don't know how I feel, half of me wants to move on, enjoy life, party and celebrate and the other half of me wants to curl up and cry and replay the best moments of our relationship over and over in my head, like torture." You say everything in one breath, it rushes out of you and you flop your head onto your bent knees, embarrassed for saying so much, even if Shawn is your best friend.

Best friend. Honestly, this past week, crashing at Shawn's while you sort out your living situation, has confused your heart more than anything. Little flutters appear in your chest when Shawn looks at you and you find yourself watching him whilst he's busy doing other things. Your eyes instantly find him.

"All of that's normal, you just lost something that really mattered to you, your heart needs time to heal. But, you can't sit here and wallow in your own unhappiness tomorrow. You've done enough of that today, tomorrow is the last day of this year. Let's leave 2019 properly."

Shawn has always encouraged you to be the best version of yourself, but your heart is still so heavy and you feel as if you could drown in your tears.

"Maybe I'll get super wasted then I can't start off next year any lower than that, right?" You laugh sadly at your own attempt at a joke.

Shawn frowns, not finding humor in your unhappiness. You two sit quietly, both lost in thought for a moment before Shawn stands.

"Today is your last grieving day Y/N, tomorrow, I'm going to start encouraging you to get back on your feet, make an effort and help heal your heart." He grins and waltzes out of the room, mumbling about talking to Ryan about drinks for the party.