Mad At You

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for my absence, life's been going on and Wattpad took the backseat! But I'm back with a few story ideas up my sleeve so stay tuned. Enjoy!

You fluff your hair in the mirror, looking sideways at yourself to catch a glance at the back. Your loose curls look cute and you dab at your mascara.

Shawn paces the hallway behind you, hands locked behind his head, looking somewhere between annoyed and anxious.

"Tell him something came up. Your aunt died. You're sick. Your car broke down."

"No. Plus, he's picking me up from the end of the road so the car one wouldn't work. I can't cancel, Shawn. He's coming in 10 minutes."

"Why did you even agree to this date? The guy's a creep." Shawn waves his arms around in exaggeration. You frown at him in the mirror.

"You don't know that, plus I haven't been on a date for 6 months. Somebody keeps giving me reasons not to." You side eye him, hoping he catches your tone. He doesn't look at you but continues to pace, running his hands through his soft hair.

"That's because you're a bad picker."

"Oh, and suddenly you're cupid now, are you? A magical matchmaker? You don't know the first thing about me and my dating life Shawn." Rolling your eyes, you reach in your bag for your lip gloss. 

"I know that all the dates you've been on have been shit."

"Because you keep scaring them away. You turn up to collect me like you're my dad, they're intimidated and you act like a dick."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do." Finding your gloss, you lean forward in the mirror and pucker up, spreading the shine over your lips.

"Stop picking shitty dates and then that wouldn't happen."

Feeling your jaw clench, you take a deep breath. You're mad. This conversation is like a broken record. Shawn always says that your taste in men sucks and then he tries to save the day like some hero. 

Okay, you're not the best picker when it comes to dates, but you really want to feel like a normal human instead of an international superstar's best friend. 

Spinning around, you face Shawn properly.

"Take me on a date then." You fold your arms across your chest, popping your hip. 

"What?" Shawn falters in his pacing, turning to look at you like you just offered to fly him to the moon.

"You heard me. Grow some balls and take me on a date, show me how it's done. I know what you're doing, purposefully sabotaging my dates so that I stay single. I'm not dumb, Shawn. But until you actually have the courage to ask me out, I'll be finding other men to satisfy my needs." And with that, you grab your bag and stroll out of the front door, slamming it behind you for good measure and leaving a dumbstruck Shawn behind you.

It's no lie that you fancy Shawn. You're not oblivious to his good looks, charm and wicked sense of humor but you're not the person to ask him out. He's been trying to put you off dates for a while and you suspected at the beginning that it was jealously so you didn't accept any more for 6 months. Now this one came up and Shawn's green eyed monster reared its head. Well, until he figures out how to ask you out, you'll go on as many dates as you please.

Walking down the street, you wait on the corner, watching the cars go by. A SUV pulls up at the curb and you smile as the window rolls down.

"Jackson, hey." You reach for the door handle and slide in.