Back to you (RM) HIGH SCHOOL!AU

(Don't let the time skips between the past and present fool you lol.)

      Coming back to Ilsan was possibly the worst choice you made.

      Even now, five years later, memories of why you left started dropping on you with every shared conversation between old classmates.

      Rina was looking like the bitch she was in high school too.

      Jaewoo was still buzzing around her like the mindless boy toy he was.

      All of them haven't changed one bit, and seemingly the very few people you liked were smart enough to not show up.

      Or so you though until you heard a booming laugh behind you, still very recognizable.

      You peeked through the crowd, seeing Hoseok talking to someone who had his back turned to you.

      Running up you engulfed him in a hug before he even saw who you were, then you were promptly picked up for a even bigger crush.

      "Y/N!!! Look at you! God damn...you look good." he smiled and you could only do the same to him after the compliments, before your eyes snuck over to the man he was talking to.

      "Joon..." the dimple in his left cheek deepened when he looked down at you, eyes twinkling.

      Your arms found their own way around his neck and you shivered when you felt his palm pressing on the small of your back.

      "Hi beautiful, glad to see that you came." 

      "Well I'm felling better about it now that you're here, almost regretted it a second ago." you flirted right back, courage bubbling up after the fleeting compliment he gave you.

      Coughs interrupted you as you flinched back to look at Hoseok.

      "The two of you are still disgustingly sweet as ever, I'm bailing for now. Gotta go find Tae."

      "Catch up later?" you asked to which he only held a thumbs up as he passed through the crowd.

      "You here with a date?" the deep timber of Namjoon's voice forced you to look back at him and only be met by inches between the two of you.

      "No...no...just me."

      "Wanna go for a walk then?"

      "That would be lovely."

      Despite the earlier whining, Ilsan suddenly became beautiful for one sole reason.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "I can't wait to leave this place." you whispered, throwing your backpack on the bench as soon as you reached it.

      Namjoon sat down and you didn't give him a second to adjust before you dropped down in his lap.

      "It isn't so bad."

      "Says the guy who applied to universities in the US..." your played with the buttons on his unbuttoned flannel before he leaned up to kiss you.

      "You could apply too."

      "Nah...I don't wanna leave Korea, I just wanna leave this city."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "So...how's USA working out for you?"