CHAPTER 32

Allison's P.O.V.

My mum was rushed to the nearest hospital and we had every available doctor attending to her. She has been inside the room with the doctors for a while now and I can't help but wonder what's going on.

"Calm down Allison, she's going to be okay." Jayden says as she hands me a cup of latte.

"I don't think I can drink this. I can't drink anything." I say to her.

Akeem, Caroline, Jayden, Ximena and I occupied the waiting room. Akeem and Caroline sits close to each other while Ximena is praying the rosary. The doctors come out of the room with distressed faces and I immediately walk towards them.

"My mother?" I say.

"She will be okay. She had an heart attack but we've got it under control now." He says.

"Is she awake? Can I see her?" I say.

"No... and no. She isn't awake yet and you can see her tomorrow. I'll advise the family should go home and rest, it's past 1 am." He says.

The doctors take their leave and I walk towards the window of my mom's room to look at her laying still.

"Come on Allison, let's go." Akeem says and holds me by the shoulders. Bastard.

Akeem leads me into the car and I get into the passenger seat while he drives, with Ximena in the back seat. Caroline and Jayden drove in a separate car.

We get to the mansion and we all go to our separate rooms, I take a warm bath and change into some sweats . I stand in front of my mirror and look at myself. My hair needs a cut, it has grown way pass the shoulder length, its covering the tattoos at the back of my neck and the one on my arm.

I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

My door opens to reveal Caroline and Jayden. Caroline was putting on a night gown and robe with her hair packed in a loose bun while Jayden put on a boy short and a tan top.

"I believe you." Caroline says.

"What?"

"I believe what you said about Akeem." She continues.

The three of us find our way to sit on my bed and continue the conversation.

"When Akeem and I were together, he'd always receive strange messages and calls from different strange aliases but most from someone named "green bullet". " Caroline says.

"That's Green." I say.

"Obviously." Jayden chuckles and we all do the same.

"They'd always tell him things like "done" or "the job has been carried out" but what I don't get is what reason would Akeem have to kill your father." Caroline says.

"That's what I can't figure out either? Why? Why would he kill my dad then marry me?" I say.

"He's is sociopathic bastard, that's what he is." Jayden says.

Caroline hangs her head and I notice it. She looks disappointed, downcasted and tired. She has eye bags from most probably not getting enough sleep. I wouldn't blame her though. It's not easy doing what we do.

"Hey. You good?" I say to Caroline.

Caroline sniffs and cleans a tear from her cheek as she raises her head and says-- " You know? I really liked him. I've never been with someone as long as I was with him. With others it was just sex."

"And with Akeem it wasn't?" Jayden says.

Caroline and I looks at Jayden and she gives the "you know what I mean" look.