CHAPTER 18: Who Killed Pedro Atravesar?

{A year later}

Snarts P.O.V

I have been in this cell longer than I can remember. The dirt is my new skin and my clothes are torn and worn out. I can't believe Allison left me in here to rot.

I haven't had a proper meal for days now. I can't remember when last I had my bath. The Atravesars really don't know how to treat their prisoners.

When Allison captured me some time back she was convinced I killed her father and she tortured me till I bled out. Months of torturing without a confession from me and she is not still convinced.

I hear the gate creak open and Allison is standing before me.

She looks as pretty as ever!

Suddenly a cough finds it's way out from my throat.

"You still don't want to admit to killing my father. I'm tired of torturing you.?" Allison asks.

"I bloody had nothing to do with it Allison. How long are we going to do this. We've tried torture, truth serum and every other thing. I didn't kill Pedro." I say.

"And I don't believe you." Allison says.

"I don't know what to do anymore for you to believe me. Try and remember what we had." I say.

Allison uses her hand to brush a loose strand of her now short hair out of her face. I still don't know why she decided to cut it. She has an engagement ring on her hand.

I cough again.
"That's quite a big rock you got there."

Allison takes a good look at they ring on her finger before saying-- "It's an engagement ring and right now you're making me run a little late for my engagement party."

Engagement? In the gangs or cartels you have to be ready for marriage if you're talking engagement. And marriages are done to strengthen the cartels.

"Well, I'm not forcing you to be here. What would your fiancee think of you spending time with me?" I say to her.

"Akeem understands I how much I hate you and your fucking  family."She says and leaves the room immediately.

Akeem? Akeem is the fiancee? Ofcourse!

If tonight is the engagement party, that means the guards will be occupied with the celebration and guarding the rest of the compound and I can make my escape. I can finally escape months of torture. But first I have to find my way out of these chains!

*************

I'm running down a really long hall and then I stumble upon a ladder, I climb the ladder to come up to a lid and then I knock on it in hopes that the person at the other side will open. Turns out Allison has been keeping me underground all along.

The lid opens and I tilt my body away from sight. I can see the laser light of a gun pointing downwards to the floor.

"Who's there?" Someone asks.

The guards observe for a few seconds...

"It's probably no one."

I take this as my cue and I jump out from the cell and hit a guy down, I grab his gun with a silencer and shoot the 3 other gaurds nearby.