CHAPTER 31

Allison's P.O.V

They're ransacking the whole place, chairs turned upside down, the inside of the pillows torn out, the vases shattered on the floor, they spread out through both sitting rooms and the dining parlour. I spot the most expensive piece of painting we have on the floor. My dad got that for my mum.

I try locating who seemed to be leading the squad and I walk over to him, as I walk towards him, he has this stupid grin plastered on his face.

"What the hell is this?" I ask.

He brought up a paper in my face.

"We have a warrant to search the entire compound." He says.

"And who the hell signed off this warrant?" I say.

"The executive assistant director for criminal investigations." He says.

Fuck.

"That's right. Criminal investigation. Criminal." He says with vivid emphasis on the word criminal.

I see an agent about moving into the kitchen when I let the boss in me take over.

"Stop. Everyone stop this fucking nonsense." I yell.

Every one turns and look at me. Every FBI agent leaves wht they were doing.

"Akeem, gather the guards, Jayden take my mum and Ximena into my room, Caroline hand me your phone." I say.

"Boys. You may continue." The leader of the squad says.

"Nobody move. If you move ,you aren't going to like the outcome." I say.

"Are you resisting the FBI miss Atraverser?" He says.

"There's no resistance here Mr..." I say.

"Agent Barnes." He states.

I let out a soft laugh and Caroline hands me her phone. I bring my phone out of my pocket and go to my contacts. I take out the number of the Director of the FBI. Yes, the director. That's how we've stayed in operations all this time, we had the backing of the feds.

I dial in the number and the director takes about ten seconds to answer the phone.

"Good evening director, it's Atraverser on the phone." I say.

"Miss Atraverser, what's the reason for this call. I'm sure it isn't a courtesy call." He says from the other end of the phone.

"No.. no it very well isn't. Right now as a speak to you there's a squad of FBI agents in my house led by a certain agent Barnes from the department of criminal investigations. He has a warrant signed by the Executive assistant director." I say.

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience Miss Atraverser. That department has been becoming unruly. I'll place a call immediately." He says.

"Gracias." I say and hang up, handing Caroline her phone.

I turn and face Agent Barnes.

"If you know what's good for you, you'd be apologizing right about now." I say.

The agent was about saying something when his phone beeped and he brought it out. He looked shocked, furious, disappointed and embarrassed.

"Boys. Let's call it a day. We'll be on our way." He says.

All the FBI agents start exiting my home and Agent Barnes walks towards me and just to stop at my front.

"I don't know how you did what you just did. But it just proves that you're hiding something and I swear I am going to find out just what. Not only that, I am going to expose every single federal agent working with you even if it's the director." He says.